cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXACTLY 30 days' notice (no more, no less)

iida
Tuning in

My 12-month contract is coming to an end on the 29th of July and I am trying to make sure it does not continue automatically as the new rates are simply unaffordable. On the phone today, after a fair amount of queuing, I was told I need phone VirginMedia _exactly_ 30 days beforehand in order to avoid early disconnect costs or adiitional charges. This means I need to call them again on the 29th of June. However, that day I will be at a conference in Germany and really do not fancy calling an 0345 number and waiting in the queue for an unspecified amount of time because it gets expensice AND because I have better things to do that day. I cannot imagine why the cancellation period is set at exactly 30 days unless its intention was to deliberately make life difficult for people wanting to cancel - even if they happened to know they wanted to cancel 2 months in advance. This is very poor customer service in my opinion (unless there is a sensible reason for the 30 days - but why not more? Why not 30-60 days?). The online chat option is never available when I check.

On another forum post, I found an alternative: I could cancel my contract by writing to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, NG2 3GG. However, it is not specified whether the letter needs to arrive there _exactly_ on the 29th of June, or it needs to be postmarked _exactly_ on the 29th of June. Could you please confirm what you need and when? I am incredibly frustrated by this nonsense.

94 REPLIES 94

Hi Spellsinger,

We require at least 30 days notice, if the notice period is any shorter than this there may be an early disconnection charge.

Alex_Rm

"Hi Spellsinger,

We require at least 30 days notice, if the notice period is any shorter than this there may be an early disconnection charge."

I see that my question was ambiguous (should have been clearer) - I meant what happens if I cancel twenty-days earlier than the 30-day period, i.e. 20 + 30 = 50 days? What will V.M. do with the correspondence, sit on it until the 30-day window, or ignore the letter? It's already been established that telephone-cancellation has no leeway around 30-days?

Apologies for me confusion. 

If you've specified a specific date for disconnection, then we would book this on the account when we've received the letter, 

If there is no specific date and you've just advised you'd like to give 30 days notice, we'd add this to the account from the date we receive the letter/ process it on the account.

Alex_Rm

nikiflipse
Tuning in

Just be careful with virgin full stop and their lies and ambiguity, I am sure it is all designed to make this process as hard as possible and as confusing as possible to either make you stay or make you give notice incorrectly so they bill (steal) more money.

Even when you get them to agree to a date for your disconnection you cannot be sure they will stick to that or maybe they will just change it to their liking.

it is absolutely no wonder you are Britain’s most complained about company, you are a joke.

I booked my date for 12march, 60 notice (see screen shot) Then after a few weeks I get an email that says it’s booked for 12 Feb (see 2nd screen shot) 

So I have had to spend another 2hrs on hold trying to sort this out. 

9813F2F7-EF10-432E-B880-49D696D540F5.jpeg

3DDCE22A-3B4E-4D8E-87ED-F08980FEF7A6.png

I try again to post the 2nd picture to show where Virgin just make up a new date the 12th FebVirgin.jpg