cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drilling through walls

Ben24
Settling in

Does anyone know if they drill through walls when installing virgin? 

we’ve just moved house and have had an asbestos report done which shows it’s in there. We don’t want anyone drilling through it for everyone’s safety. 

thank you 

7 REPLIES 7

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Hi there

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Is your install already booked in? As if not we may be able to raise you a pre install site survey where we can see if there is a better route for us to cable the property.

Thanks,

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi Christy, 

Yead it’s booked in for next Wednesday but we weren’t aware of the asbestos when we booked as we didn’t have the house report.

Thank you,

Ben  

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Ben24 wrote:

Hi Christy, 

Yead it’s booked in for next Wednesday but we weren’t aware of the asbestos when we booked as we didn’t have the house report.

Thank you,

Ben  

theres asbestos and asbestos is there not - if it was dangerous i doubt you would be living there 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

We may be able to go through a doorframe is there is a wooden one somewhere around the house?

Best thing to do is to discuss this with the technician when he arrives, and he will be able to figure a route out with you.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

When we’ve been advised not to drill into the walls I thought it would be best to double check 

Asbestos is everywhere pretty much and is fine if not disturbed I.e not drilled into - it’s the dust/fibres that cause the issue.

When it’s a solid painted structure like a wall of poses no “threat”.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ben24 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

The advice giving by Christy_D is very good advice.  I would just like to add, if you're not 100% certain this installation is going to go ahead and you have an existing provider, so to no leave yourself without any provider whatsoever, I would make sure your cancellation is not before any possible cancelled installation.

Regards

Lee_R