cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dreadful customer service

andyjm1983
Tuning in

I waited 45 minutes to speak to your customer service regarding ending my broadband tv contract and the operative put me through to 02!! Im now waiting again and its on 30 minutes, why is this service dreadful? I am a loyal customer of Virgin media but refuse to pay an extra 20 pound a month for a deal which new customers get 20 pound cheaper. 

5 REPLIES 5

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @andyjm1983,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the poor experience. It certainly is not the level of service we aim to provide. 

We have a variety of deals to suit individual needs and budgets. Whilst this is not something we can assist with via the Forums, our Retentions team will be happy to go through all suitable offers with you.

Did you manage to get through to anyone since you posted?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ayisha_B

Thank you for replying, i didn't get through to anyone, someone rang tonight but they were trying to sell me a similar deal with faster internet for £5 more but at the moment due to energy prices rising etc and not really watching much tv i was looking for a reduced deal with minimum tv etc but they were only interested in offering something for a similar price which had faster internet. I'm seriously considering leaving Virgin media now after 15 years due to the hard work it seems trying to get something cheaper and i find it quite sad that a loyal customer will be charged more for deals which new customers receive at a cheaper price. 

Kind regards

Andy

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us. 

We completely understand the frustration that this has caused & we do apologies, 

Changing prices is never an easy decision, but as service usage has increased over the last 24 months we have to continuously re-invest in our network. Doing so permits more people to enjoy our services and meet the demand to continuously deliver the fastest widely-available speeds in the UK.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zac, that's no excuse for terrible customer service, why does it take over an hour to get though to someone and then they put me through to 02 when i said i wanted to cancel my connection with Virgin?  As soon as the new rule comes in in 2023 which makes it easier to switch the better. 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

That is far below the level of service that we aim to provide. 

The phone lines are busier than usual and we are working as hard as possible to speak with all of our customers. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M