Menu
Highlighted
Cranny1965
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Downgrading package, nightmare!

Went through retentions to downgrade my package and reduce bill from £76.99 to £53.99. All agreed and text sent to me asking for confirmation to continue. I replied yes and received a text saying it would be sorted, 21st March.

All was agreed, 1 month later receive the bill, this was £76.99.

20th April. Called them to discuss and to resolve (as some of you are aware, trying to resolve issues with Virgin Media over the phone is a nightmare.). I was told they had to get a verification code from another department and this hadn’t been sorted yet, it will be sorted in 2 days.

1 month later, bill received for £76.99, aaaaaahhhhh!

18th May. Called them again to discuss, cut off, probably because it was too much hassle for someone to deal with.

I called again. Lady that handled the issue has managed to resolve all outstanding issues (we will have to wait & see.). She also identified that the original offer was for 50mb broadband, not possible to run V6 box on 50mb?

Anyway, all may be resolved now.

Questions

Why is it so difficult for Virgin Media to resolve these simple billing and package change issues?

Why do you have a contact symbol on the bottom of every bill that doesn’t work?

Cranny1965
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Downgrading package, nightmare!

And now they have sent me an email saying what my new package price will be, £73.50!!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

on the phone it was agreed to be £53.99.

**bleep** - what the hell is going on Virgin Media, you really need to get your act together or you will be losing a customer of 20+ years!

Can somebody please call me to sort this out, I have wasted another 1hr 15mins this morning trying to sort this.

0 Kudos
Shweby
Superfast
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Call backs cannot be arranged through here, neither can billing issues. Sorry to say your only option is to phone.

Cranny1965
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Speaking to Virgin Media on the phone!

And What a complete waste of time that has proved to be over the last 20 years.

Unfortunately I have no choice but to call them again and slowly pull my own teeth out!

0 Kudos
Cranny1965
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

And this still isn’t resolved!

Virgin Media Customer Support is absolutely useless. The only way to communicate is by phone where they tell you what you want to hear but do not follow through with their required actions.

How can something so simple prove to be so difficult.

Do they bank on the fact that most people will give up or die!

Where can I go to get addition support, Ombudsman, citizens advice, the A Team!

0 Kudos
Cranny1965
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately this has not been resolved.

Just spent another xxx trying to resolve this yet again. Being charged £73.50 each month when the bill should be £53.99. Indian call Center, very quiet and difficult to understand. They say I can not speak to a uk person. They agree that I am being overcharged, but do not know why this is happening since May. I have told them that I have called multiple times and they promise each time to resolve the situation…!

They are saying my account will be credited and the bill reduced to £53.99, I will not hold my breath.

Shocking.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cranny1965,

Thanks for posting, my apologies for the billing issues. I can fully understand the inconvenience. 

I'll pop you a quick PM to discuss this as we'll be discussing account specific information.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos