cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrading from full to basic TV

soulfulscotsman
On our wavelength

Hi all,

Later this month my 18-month new customer discounted rate ends, and I just can't justify the double cost going forward. So I'm looking to cancel Sky Sports, and downgrade from "Maxit" to the very basic TV package.

I see there are two channel lists. One list with five tiers of channels (from "Player" to "Maxit"), and another list for the Virgin 360 box which only has "Mixit" and "Maxit" tiers.

Even though I have a 360 box, is there anything stopping me from downgrading from "Maxit" to "Player"?

Just want to make sure I'm furnished with the right info before I call retentions later this week. Really want to keep a basic TV service, the box, and broadband. Just can't justify the rest.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All recontracts will be for a minimum 18 month period. Recently, someone has suggested they were able to renegotiate a 30 day rolling contract for broadband only but, of course, the price will be higher than a new minimum contract period.

Removing TV will mean you have to return the TV 360 to Virgin Media as it remains the property of Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Player is a legacy bundle, you will need to recontract with Mixit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi Ernie,

Really appreciate the speedy reply. Understood - I had a feeling it was going to be Mixit or nothing.

You said "recontract"... so I would then start a new minimum term on the Mixit package? Is that 12 months?

If I cancelled TV outright (but kept the broadband) would I then lose the 360 box? (I have five months of daily recordings on there that I fully intend to catch up on, but not before the end of this month/contract!).

Thanks again.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All recontracts will be for a minimum 18 month period. Recently, someone has suggested they were able to renegotiate a 30 day rolling contract for broadband only but, of course, the price will be higher than a new minimum contract period.

Removing TV will mean you have to return the TV 360 to Virgin Media as it remains the property of Virgin Media.

Thanks Ernie. All really useful info to have going into the chat later in the week.

Hi @soulfulscotsman

Thanks for posting - and thanks to Ernie_C for answering as well, perfect answers given. Just to add to it, you can either call us on 150 / 0345 454 1111 or message us via Whatsapp on 07305327112

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill