cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgraded my account and they've removed my broadband

Fedup791
Joining in

I rang Virgin Media on the 4th January 2022 at 17.50, I was on the phone with you for 20 minutes to explain that I needed to shrink my package as I could no longer afford the luxury thanks to prices rises in utilities, council tax, food etc. I live on a Veteran Pension and with everything going up I was struggling. At no time did I ask for the broadband to be removed, in fact the lady I spoke to said she could downgrade my broadband to which I agreed.  I also said I was happy to lose the phone and the second tivo box if that would help bring the price down. She managed to get my monthly bill to £59 a month and I was happy with that. But I have just looked at my account and broadband has gone? I am very confused. I have been a loyal customer with you for well over 15 years, I was with telewest before you took over. Who do I speak to about this to get it sorted. Thanks for any help.

7 REPLIES 7

Fedup791
Joining in

As you can see, broadband has gone, the price is nice lol, I was told it was £59 a month with broadband. Scared to ring in again for fear of what will happen when I try to explain this, plus it's not easy to phone them. I'm with 02 mobile and the signal is practically none existent, moved from Virgin mobile recently because of the same thing. Family member bought me a brand new phone, so I know it isn't the phone, but 02 insist it's not them. There's no email to contact Virgin so what the heck to I do. 

Fedup791_0-1641702780001.jpeg

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Fedup791, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂 

I am sorry to hear this, sometimes My Virgin Media can take a while to configure, but to put your mind at ease I will be happy to take a look to confirm your package via private message. Keep an eye out for the little purple envelope.

Zoie

Thank you Zoie, really appreciate it.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for messaging with me Fedup791, 

I am glad I could help you with your package query.

Please pop back if you have any questions.

Zoie

Thanks Zoie, really appreciate the help.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Fedup791 

Have you checked that your broadband is actually working?

There have been a few errors on bills saying people don't have broadband, I also had that error on my My Virgin Media account when viweing it via the website. It was just a  glitch with the website.

Download the My Virgin Media app if you don't already have it and check your account/bill in there. It should show that you do have broadband. It took around 3 months for the glitch to be removed via via the website but didn't in any way affect my broadband connection.

There's a link to download the Virgin Media app here >> https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media-app 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the advice, I did as you suggested, but broadband does not show up, it's identical to the online bill. Zoie assures me that broadband is still part of my package, so I guess we will just have to wait and see. But £45 seems extremely cheap for tv, broadband and phone, so a little unnerving lol.