cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade package

Domation
Tuning in

Hello, 

Im Currently out of contract, on an M200 + phone package and it is too expensive. I joined on a special offer but the price has doubled now this has ended,  so i want to drop the phone line and reduce the package speed to M100 but i cant find a way to do this online. It just keep taking me back to a page to upgrade to even more expensive packages. 

Guidence needed. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly, you can't do downgrades online, you do have to call.

Secondly - have a play with https://store.virginmedia.com/build-your-bundle for your chosen combinations. With the landline especially, you may well find that keeping it attracts bundle discounts that more than offset the cost of it - and that removing it actually costs you money.

The page will give you the standard prices, don't pay a huge amount of attention to the "new customer" price because you're not one - but it'll give you an idea where is a sensible place to pitch yourself between the 2 figures.

Then call VM-CS on 150, perhaps follow the "thinking of leaving us" option to disuss your options with an agent. Depending how serious you are, it may help if you have prices from a couple of alternate providers handy - it shows you're prepared.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly, you can't do downgrades online, you do have to call.

Secondly - have a play with https://store.virginmedia.com/build-your-bundle for your chosen combinations. With the landline especially, you may well find that keeping it attracts bundle discounts that more than offset the cost of it - and that removing it actually costs you money.

The page will give you the standard prices, don't pay a huge amount of attention to the "new customer" price because you're not one - but it'll give you an idea where is a sensible place to pitch yourself between the 2 figures.

Then call VM-CS on 150, perhaps follow the "thinking of leaving us" option to disuss your options with an agent. Depending how serious you are, it may help if you have prices from a couple of alternate providers handy - it shows you're prepared.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you - very helpful. Ill try the bundle link you posted.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Domation,

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry for the issues you have had with us so far.

Please can you tell me if the bundle link helped you? Or are you still looking for help?

Look forward to your response.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Im still looking for help. I can see the bundles for new customers but i cant see anything that is applicable for existing customers. 

Thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am sorry that you are unable to see anything for existing customers.

Please look here for existing customer deals @Domation.

I hope this helps, let me know.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yes i have seen that page before in the link you have sent - myabe im being silly, but i can only see ways to upgrade to higher price packages. I cant see anywhere for example that tells me how much it would be to reduce my connect down to M100 or to drop the landline. 

Thanks

Dom

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming this @Domation.

I am sorry but we can not do package changes from this platform, please can you call us on 0345 454 1111 or 150 on a landline to speak to our team about reducing your package? Or you can text us on 0753 305 1809, it is not an instant messaging service but we will ask 'Bot' questions first and then get back to you as soon as possible.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team