cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade - early disconnection fee

Johnlu09
Joining in

Asking for help please…

I had a volt package of £42 a month inc TV and broadband. Meanwhile, my circumstances have drastically changed due to cost of living, therefore asked virgin to downgrade my package, therefore found me broadband only same speed just removed TV services. (No disconnection fee mentioned whilst processing) 

I then had a bill of £100.27 which I paid due partial change in package (downgrade) Furthermore, looked at my bill earlier this week, upcoming charges of £288. Two disconnection fees of £144…

I’m currently trying to dispute this due to information was not given to me at time of processing downgrade. I have till 22nd July to pay £288 or services restricted.

Now what do I do, shall I find a new provider until this is resolved or end up with no Wi-Fi due restricted services?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry for any confusion over this Johnlu09,

So I can take a closer look at this for you, I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Johnlu09, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry if the early termination fees were not mentioned when arranging the cancellation of your TV service. 

If you were within your contract period at the time of the cancellation, the charges will be valid as per your agreement when taking on the package. 

You have mentioned two lots of £144, was a phone line also disconnected? 

Information regarding the early disconnection fees can be found here.

Thank you, 

Nat

70CD82E9-0EC1-44C9-BDE4-9FDE83E85405.jpeg

I haven’t really got many options, as can’t pay all that in one month and then I will be left with no services? 

information should always be passed on to customers, especially when I simply asked for advice due to affordability on current package

Sorry for any confusion over this Johnlu09,

So I can take a closer look at this for you, I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for popping over your details via private message Johnlu09.

Glad I was able to help with this.

Alex_Rm

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Alex_RM wrote:

Thanks for popping over your details via private message Johnlu09.

Glad I was able to help with this.

Alex_Rm

and for those who come here who might have similar problems would it not be useful to share the outcome or did you just give a phone number for the OP to ring

Tony.
Sacked VIP