cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double charged for bill

Jamie26
Joining in

I seem to have been charged twice this month for my broadband bill, and have no idea on how to contact the Virgin Media Support team directly. Can someone please point me in the right direction so I can speak with them?

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Jamie26,

Have you just made any changes to your package? 

The most recent bill should explain what the charges are for. You can check that and your contract by logging into My Virgin Media at the top of the page.

You can contact Billing by calling 150 from a Virgin phone (free call) or 0345 4541111 from any other phone (landline rates)  or freephone number 0800 052 0422, option 1 (Billing)

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you, but it may be a few days.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jamie26,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear you have been charged twice for your bill this Month, is this due to a double bill which happens on a first bill and when there has been changes or has the bill been paid twice?

Once a bill has been generated and there is an active Direct Debit set up the bill will come out even if it is paid manually as the system will not see this until the next bill has been generated.

If it is due to a first bill, then first bills are double as the services are charged from the day it is installed up to the billing date then a Month in advance.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

The issue appears to be both, as it is my first bill I was expecting the value of the bill to be doubled, but it appears as though I have been charged this doubled-up bill twice. I did make changes to the account the direct debit would be taken out of but I was not expecting to be charged twice, what will happen now? Will I be refunded this money or will it be put towards future bills?

Thanks.

I will be more than happy to help, so I can I will send you a invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to acept?

Regards

Paul.

Hi, I've recently been double charged for my broadband as well.

Hi seon_is12

Thanks for your post 

Sorry to hear you have been double charged as well

Can I just ask if thie charge was on your first bill

As we would always charge a month in advance

This can be explained here 

Or was it after you made any changes to the account 

How long have you been a customer

I

No, I've been a customer since June. I payed using quick pay because I had to change my payment method, but I was charged from the automatic payment system.

Thanks for that explanation seon_is12

So we just need to refund you one of that payments back then?

I can arrange that, It can take 3 days maximum 

I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hi, 

I experienced the same problem with double charge recently. I paid manually from my account and next week direct debit took the payment for the same month. I haven't been aware that there was direct debit on my account,  so this spending wasn't planned,  so I am left with very little finances until next week. It is really inconvenient,  and customer service on the phone was less then helpful. So I really hope I can get refund here.