cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't waste your time to Cancel via phone or chat !!!

kenancirik
On our wavelength

Don't waste your time trying to cancel your services even your contract ended via phone or sms or chat.

Its impossible; they will transfer you some other team after 1 hour waiting then the call will drop of after another 30min (3rd time happening) I spent many hours for nothing. So don't BS me with your stupid replies please.

I will just send them a notice letter then I will cancel the direct debit. Then I will make complain via ombudsman service.

I will never ever be a customer anything related with Virgin again for their stupid give up tactics. (dropped off 3rd time after 1 hour).

I hate you VM and branson...

56 REPLIES 56

Hi @Hutts,

I have responded to you on your other post.

Please respond there and I can then send you a private message if required.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Another option is recording the entire phone call including all the patronising messages, buttons pressed on the phone menu, and all the time spent on hold. You are well within your rights to do that covertly for personal use.

If the supplier then tries to claim you never cancelled, let them take you to court. They will drop it as soon as you produce the recording.

There is plenty software out there to do that, I personally use skype and a software package called Audio Hijack to record anything I need to keep in case of potential problems.

Same here, rang to cancel, got cut off after waiting 30 mins, tried again and again. Sent a letter to end contract 30 days notice, as required as we were moving. Then left it in the hands of Talk Talk and cancelled the direct debit. Now I have a letter from a debt collector. I am going to report this to the ombudsman because virgin media are just a rip off...... they make it impossible to cancel even when you do it the way they ask you to!! Not impressed and will never have anything to with virgin again!

Hi TimA,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry for any frustration you've had in cancelling your agreement. 

Can you please confirm the address you sent the letter too? And can you confirm the date you sent it in?

^Martin

Hi Martin,

I cannot remember the date as we were in the process of moving out of rented and buying our own house, (around February/March), but the frustration of trying to cancel not just this time but previously when the contract was up for renewal was unbearable. Virgin media have to be the worse company I have ever had to deal with!

I cannot remember the address I sent the letter to it was the one that was in the paperwork I had when I first took out the contract back in 2014 I do remember it was somewhere in Nottingham or Derbyshire? I binned all the paperwork when I asked Talk Talk to take over and cancel.

And what do you know...... I go to the ombudsman to report VM and get this message

Virgin Media isn’t signed up to our scheme, so we can’t review your complaint.

Well no surprise there is there, so I guess I'll have to try CISAS

Hi TimA,

We are sorry to hear this, when it comes to canceling services and giving 30 days notice, this can be done by calling our Customer relations team on either 150 from a Virgin Landline or Mobile or 0345 454 1111 options 1,3 then 4, you can Text thinking of leaving to +44753 305 1809 for Cable service or +44753 301 6422 for Mobile, you can also write us a letter here under the section contact us by post, apologies if you weren't given this information earlier.

Another company are not able to cancel the service for you, if you take your phone number with you this will only close the phone down and would also cause any package discounts to drop of.

Regards

Paul.

Nas2023
Joining in

This is exactly what happened to me. I have been speaking to 6 different Reps all informing me that I am at the wrong department. They then keep transferring me to the wrong department. And always the Rep picks up and asks me why I want to leave Virgin Media. They ask me whether I was moving home and as soon as I say no I am not moving home, I just want to cancel they then explain that I am in the wrong department and cycle continuous. 

They have wasted nearly 2 hours of my time. After the final 6th Rep responsed with the same message, I realised that this was going no where and that it was impossible to leave Virgin unless you are moving home or moving to another provider. I even asked the last Rep if there was an incentive to convince me to stay or whether they get penalised by their supervisors if they cancel the contract. I have been with VM over 15 years and almost never called their customer helpline. I am so disappointed and really so angry that they treat people this way. 

Thank you for the address. I will send them an angry letter and also will be complainin 😠 

Hi Nas2023

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry for any cancellation experience. Just because you've mentioned it in your post, are you moving home at all soon? 

I am also sorry you wish to cancel the services.

To do so you'll either need to call us on 150 / 0345 454 1111. Option 4 (thinking of leaving us). Or write to us here 👉 Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

toto1974
Tuning in

I have the same experience. I tried to cancel my broadband and phone package over 3 days and maybe 10 to 20 calls. At one point I managed to cancel my package but Virgin Media sent me a confirmation by email but cancelled the broadband and not the phone line (that I have never used) with a cost of £19 per month. When i call Virgin Media they tell me they can't cancel the land line now for the date I requested (same as broadband) as i mentioned i will port the number. I tell them I don't care if the number is ported to the new provider and that I want to cancel the landline and they refuse. What a disingenuous company. Does anyone knows how to make a formal complaint and finalise the cancellation? They have zero respect for their customers. Worse company ever....😡

Hi @toto1974 

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry you've had some issues when trying to cancel your services. 

If you were looking to port your landline to another provider, then we would need to keep the service active this end so your new provider could request the number port. Once completed the landline service would automatically be disconnected. 

To clarify, are you now not looking to port your number to your new provider?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs