cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't waste your time to Cancel via phone or chat !!!

kenancirik
On our wavelength

Don't waste your time trying to cancel your services even your contract ended via phone or sms or chat.

Its impossible; they will transfer you some other team after 1 hour waiting then the call will drop of after another 30min (3rd time happening) I spent many hours for nothing. So don't BS me with your stupid replies please.

I will just send them a notice letter then I will cancel the direct debit. Then I will make complain via ombudsman service.

I will never ever be a customer anything related with Virgin again for their stupid give up tactics. (dropped off 3rd time after 1 hour).

I hate you VM and branson...

56 REPLIES 56

Sorry to hear that the cancelling of the services proved to be difficult @henryb123

We take your feedback on board and wish you all the very best with your new provider.

For future reference, we do also allow customers to cancel their service by post to Virgin Media via our Sunderland office:  Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

I took the the Forum Team's advice and my letter was returned as "addressee gone away". Is Virgin Media too tight to pay for postal forwarding for 12 months? Or is it policy to just avoid receiving cancellation letters?

It is an F-ing disgrace how difficult VM makes it to leave. I have phoned, written, emailed, everything short of sending an owl, and still they send me the next bill as if they just have their fingers stuck in their ears saying "la-la-la we can't hear you". Utter disgrace!

Obviously the DD is cancelled - that was easy at least. It should not be any more difficult to cancel the contract at the end of its natural term.

La-La-La-we-can't-hear-you.jpg

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@slated wrote:

I took the the Forum Team's advice and my letter was returned as "addressee gone away". Is Virgin Media too tight to pay for postal forwarding for 12 months? Or is it policy to just avoid receiving cancellation letters?

<snip>

Returned cancellation letters have been mentioned on here several times this week.

VM seem to have closed down the office where cancellations were being sent but not put in place adequate measures to ensure mail was redirected. There is now a new address in Sunderland

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/What-is-the-address-to-send-written...

Some customers on here in this situation have had their written cancellation put through by the forum team as the error is entirely VM's.

(Edit: As you have posted proof of your returned letter, I would expect they should be able to do the same for you too)

(Cancelling your DD may have an adverse effect on you if/when VM start logging default payments against you. VM may be totally useless in regards to many areas of operation of their business but their collections departments do seem to function very effectively!)

I wrote the letter out of despair having been cut off after having finally got through on the phone. Before I got cut off I had passed security and served notice of the cancellation - all recorded for "monitoring and training purposes" (but not for execution purposes, no doubt). Two days later I got my next bill (nearly double, so that's not going to happen), so I figured they had ignored my phone call (they didn't bother to phone back, and since they follow a procedure, I'm assuming it is procedure not to recover lost calls regarding cancellation).

It is like Hotel California - you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @slated,

Thank you for coming back to us. I'm sorry to see that your letter has returned to you. As my colleague and @goslow advised, the address has been changed.

Please be advised that with any disconnection request, we require a 30 day notice period before we can disconnect your services. Were you advised of your disconnection date?

If you're unsure, please let us know and we'll be happy to look into to this further for you.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks, after about 40 minutes on the phone I believe I have succeeded in getting my contract ended at midnight end of 6 Feb (end of the minimum term), and they agreed I would have nothing to pay since I am already paid up to that date.

They shoot themselves in the foot with this malarkey - it should be a simple matter to end a contract using the online account. They are happy enough to start the contract online, or to add extra services.

But instead - right at the time when so obviously you are ready to talk, to anyone who will listen, about your broadband choices and customer service experience, that's the time they choose to really **bleep** you off. So what are you going to tell everyone? I've just gone with XYZ, got a really great deal - but whatever you do don't touch Virgin!

That's a shame, because it's a decent reliable broadband service, just run by charlatans.

Slated:
Shame - VM look to have lost a good customer given your helpful answers tally on this forum.
I too sent notification to the Nottingham address. I got an agreed disconnection date on the telephone and have received assurances from a member of the Forum Team. As of now however nothing officially in writing (eventhough the disconnection person said I would receive an email). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all goes through smoothly.

Hi @slated thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry to hear you had such difficulty ending your contract.  I would like to take a closer look to ensure in writing that your disconnection date is the date you've mentioned.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

I having a nightmare cancelling my contract too...? ??? 

Can anyone help or tell me the best way to achieve this... so far telephone, no good... whats' app chat... no good... just sent it writing today in a letter, will that do the trick? 

Lee R...

Can you help me too please???

Tom H ( i can DM you my acc number / details if necessary)