Menu
stefanobellucci
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Don't get support at the phone

Hi there,

2 years ago I took over my ex-flatmate account. I changed the details online, I've been paying from my bank account since.
However, every time I call the support they treat me really badly because my name is not on the contract. In February 2018 they told me that they would have sent me papers at home. So that I could change the contract. But it never happened.

I call them back for support last month (January 2019), but the same happened. They didn't want me to help because my name is not on the contract. 
They told me they'll sending me the contract at home so that I could switch it, and that they'll call me to check if everything was ok. Nothing happened though.

I don't know anymore how to find help. The chat doesn't work. There is no email. 
At the phone, I'm treated really badly and get no support. They treat me like I'm someone trying to steal an identity only to get support, without even caring that they've been getting money from a bank account in my name.

Is anyone able to help me here?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Don't get support at the phone

There are name transfer forms you can fill in online here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-account-change-name
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi stefanobellucci

Thanks for the post

Have you been able to look at the account transfer link BenMcr sent you? 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

What isn’t being said here is that currently the account IS NOT yours. All that’s been changed is the payment details etc. As a transfer of responsibilities wasn’t done you are effectively paying for your ex flat mates account still.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
stefanobellucci
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes. 

What's not clear to me is:

- if I can do those things or my own or I need my ex flatmate 

- if I can't do it on my own and can't reach my ex flatmate, how I can't do that.

- if I'll loose access to my dashboard with all the bills. I still need support about them and I'm worried that when Virgin will finally consider me worth of support, I won't be able to access my data anymore 

- if whatever I'll do, we'll clash with whatever Virgin staff promised me to do time ago 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@stefanobellucci wrote:

Yes. 

What's not clear to me is:

- if I can do those things or my own or I need my ex flatmate 

- if I can't do it on my own and can't reach my ex flatmate, how I can't do that.

- if I'll loose access to my dashboard with all the bills. I still need support about them and I'm worried that when Virgin will finally consider me worth of support, I won't be able to access my data anymore 

- if whatever I'll do, we'll clash with whatever Virgin staff promised me to do time ago 

If you can’t contact the ex flat mate they can do a ‘gone away’ process but I believe you would have to take a new account out.

with a new account you would have a new dashboard. regarding the issue with the bills, they are technically not your bills and not your responsibility, they are the ex flat-mates. So if there is issues with them and it can’t get resolved, just remove your bank details / direct debit. The services will get cut off but other than that there will be no negative impact to you.

Ultimately as you / the ex flat mate didn’t do the correct process at the time, it is causing you these issues. In future do things properly (not just with VM) to avoid issues.

0 Kudos
stefanobellucci
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well I've been having problems with Virgin because it's not clear to me how they have been taking money from me. 

I don't understand how that's my ex flatmate problem.

How does the gone away process works? Is it the one that I technically started last year and again last month at the phone? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It’s your ex flat mates problem as it is their account. If you stopped paying right this instant and blocked VM from taking money you do not get in trouble, they do. They are the named responsible party for the account. 

And  I presume they’ve been taking via direct debit.

0 Kudos