Menu
Tattes
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Don’t bother with VM

I have cancelled all my products, contract came to a end, the deal they offered me was £30 a month dearer, so I got a email the other day saying we would love for you to say, rang them up, the deal was t found on the customer service computer, they did this last year and rand me after I agreed to join sky to finally offer me a good deal, if anyone’s contract is coming up I would join sky, VM are a waste off time, only bothered about new customers

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Don’t bother with VM

You have simply decided that your criterion for choosing a supplier is minimum cost.

In this industry, it means constantly changing supplier to become a new customer.

While that, in your eyes, makes Virgin Media a ‘waste of time’, they are still the preferred supplier for many for many reasons.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Tattes
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Well we all want a good deal and not to be paying for the same service at a higher price,so please don’t say anything that makes you sound stupid, 99.9% off people comes to cost 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

You could change every time you wrote VM to the word sky, and every time you wrote sky to VM.

youd then find that post on sky forums.

the industry is geared towards new customers, not just Vm. Fair amount of VM customers want the speeds not offered at other suppliers.

If 99.9% was cost then VM would have no customers as switching would always get a cheaper deal at the moment.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

Tattes
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Also if your with Santander you can click on the retail offers and get £100 back for joining sky, just rang sky, better deal offered, no wonder people leave VM, also they put prices up through the year, have problems with on demand, take services off from UKTV and try not to offer a discount when they do it, I have been with VM for 4 years and will deffiently not be returning, and as that stupid reply with saying cost is the criteria, well yes it is, would you pay more for the same service? And as I said I wasn’t a new customer last year when I got my new deal 

0 Kudos
Tattes
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Stupid reply 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Some people also don’t get a choice.

i am happy with the price but I don’t have a choice anyway, I get offered between 1-2Mbs with BT/sky etc, not a usable amount. Some people don’t even get a connection at all.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

'99.9% off people comes to cost'

most certainly does not. we stay because of the internet speed. a couple of our friends stay because they don't want a dish on their house. people have different reasons for staying. some stay with sky because they simply don't like virgin and vica versa regardless of price.

some move because of cost the same as with any provider. on rare occasions we see it here how a 2 pound increase means they claim they can't afford to eat. strange but true.

new customers always win if they keep changing, but most do not want the hassle and stick with what they have. piddly 3 and 4 pound increase to many is negligible, to some others they just don't like increases. others will just grin and bear it.
Tattes
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Don’t be so stupid with your stupid answers, 3 or 4 quid? I said they offered me the same deal for a extra £30, and I wasn’t a new customer, people don’t move because of the hassle? If you watch Martin Lewis I will think you will realise they do, they do it for things like gas and electric, mobile supplier, if you can save a few hundred quid a year then that money can be spent on your family or be saved, please read your comment and realise how stupid you sound , 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

do 5 million VM customers are stupid. You must be the only smart person in the UK.

Enjoy your new supplier when they do the same.

Calling everyone stupid is just trolling but i'll get the @ModTeam decide that

Use Kudos to say thanks