cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does bill increase in March actually affect me?

mergleb
Tuning in

A week or so ago I gave my 30 days notice to cancel my account. The day later retentions rang me back to offer me a new deal which I accepted. As part of the new deal the person on the phone said the upcoming March price increases would not affect me and I would pay the same amount every month for the duration of my new 18 month contract.

Subsequently like many others I have received a letter through the post to say my monthly bill will be increasing by £3.25 a month from March.

I rang customer services and the person I spoke to seemed not to fully understand the contradiction but somewhat hesitantly said that the bill increase would not affect me.

However I am unconvinced and would like this assurance properly confirmed in writing please - that I will pay the same amount for every month in the 18 month contract. I'd like someone to look into this and confirm this please.  

31 REPLIES 31

That's the point Zach there isn't if you wish to cancel it is ring (and never answer) or put it in writing crazy

Thanks for your response and feedback @ZinG, this will be passed onto the team.

You can also request a cancellation via text message to 0753 305 1809.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hahah yes you can (via the text number) if you do not lose the will to live first!!

I was passed to the customer relations team 07:36 on a sunday morning in preparation for them opening at 9am. I got a reply at 9:20 on the Monday!!!, three hours later finally a cancellation request actioned.

Definate issues with the process and certainly with this price increase letter, according to the way I read the letter while you are in your offer period (contract) the price increase doesn't affect you however the lady stated this wasn't the case and it indeed did take effect in March so processed the cancellation.

Already been rang from retentions with a ridiculous offer (as in hardly worth it) to try and make me reconsider (going to have to do better than that!)

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ZinG

Thanks for posting on our community forum

Sorry to hear you're unhappy with the price offered by Retentions, did you inform them you wasn't happy with the latest offer provided?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes and really got a like it or lump it kind of attitude, or remove stuff and save a couple of quid which really makes it not worth it at all.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ZinG

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I see, sorry to hear about that. The team always try to provide the best offers possible and it'd be a real shame to see you go.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

This is really down to them hopefully they will ring again it wouldn't take much to reverse the decision but shortly there will be no coming back (have to keep services active even if with a new supplier)

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ZinG

Thanks for the reply

The team do indeed aim to offer the best price always, did the team offer a call back?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Sorry to contradict you...but it is deliberate...I have also been cut off without ever getting to speak to someone.

Furthermore the webchat forces you to use Whatsapp (even if you'd rather not) and then the Whatsapp "stream" is terminated without any resolution...

Recorded delivery letters sent, direct debit cancelled...new contract (with PlusNet) signed

I am expecting a call back, because there was a query from myself about a friends and family discount (on another seperate virgin mobile contract) which I questioned would it get lost with a switch to an o2 sim (if I stay)

However given the erratic nature of my experience so far I won't hold my breath