cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does bill increase in March actually affect me?

mergleb
Tuning in

A week or so ago I gave my 30 days notice to cancel my account. The day later retentions rang me back to offer me a new deal which I accepted. As part of the new deal the person on the phone said the upcoming March price increases would not affect me and I would pay the same amount every month for the duration of my new 18 month contract.

Subsequently like many others I have received a letter through the post to say my monthly bill will be increasing by £3.25 a month from March.

I rang customer services and the person I spoke to seemed not to fully understand the contradiction but somewhat hesitantly said that the bill increase would not affect me.

However I am unconvinced and would like this assurance properly confirmed in writing please - that I will pay the same amount for every month in the 18 month contract. I'd like someone to look into this and confirm this please.  

31 REPLIES 31

mart1969
Superfast

Experience has taught me unless VM give it you in writing then presume the worst!

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello merglab

Thanks for taking the time to raise your query via the forums in regards to the recent price rise. Changing prices is never an easy decision, but as service usage has increased over the last 24 months we have to continuously re-invest in our network. Doing so permits more people to enjoy our services and meet the demand to continuously deliver the fastest widely-available speeds in the UK. We're continuing to invest in our network which will help improve performance and reliability for all.

In addition to this, we have supported our customers with a range of upgrades and new services at no extra cost. Whether that's giving customers a free speed boost, upgrading their equipment or providing new content and channels, we're committed to giving our customers more.

I can see you have spoken to the team this morning and it was confirmed to yourself that you weren't impacted by the rise.

Rob

Thanks @Robert_P for your reply.

So to clarify can you confirm from your end that I will pay the same amount each month for the duration of the 18 month contract? I would like this 100% confirmed in writing please.

Hi mergleb,

The price is always subject to change, if we were to have a price rise at a future date you would be notified beforehand if you were affected.

Alex_Rm

I have been told verbally by two of your colleagues over the phone that my bill will stay the same for every month of the 18 month contract.  Yet no-one will confirm this in writing. I am not certain what I am supposed to believe. Are your colleagues in the call centres correct in what they say or are they wrong?

I would like to know as I only agreed to the new contract on the basis that my monthly bill was fixed and that the upcoming price increases would not affect me.

I got an email saying my bill would be going up by £8.50 pm after my contract is up. Can someone explain to me why mine is going up by £8.50 pm and other is far less. I'm on the UO package

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mergleb, thanks for your post.

I'm just going to pop you a quick PM to ask you to confirm some account details, just so I can get into specifics with you and put your mind at ease.

Please expect this PM within the next minutes!

Also @Paulpal67, thanks for your post too. If you've got an email reminding you that your contract is up soon, and therefore your price may be increasing once this has happened then it's possible that you've got an £8.50 discount attached to your contract that it's expiring - this may be different from the price rise discussed.

I'd recommend giving us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and we can help get you the package that is right for you!

Many thanks both.

Tom_W

I have a letter too stating mine will be going up by £8.50 a month but not worry as this will not effect me until my contract end (may) so that will be the discount level and a further £8.50 on top also ultimate oomph with volt speed increase

No thanks VM I think I shall be exercising my right to cancel other providers in my area offering 1gig too now 

Hi @ZinG, thanks for your post.

Changing prices is never an easy decision, but as service usage has increased over the last 24 months we have to continuously re-invest in our network. Doing so permits more people to enjoy our services and meet the demand to continuously deliver the fastest widely-available speeds in the UK.

If you get in touch with the team, they'll be happy to take a look at your billing and package to see what can be done to help. You can find and access all of our available contact options, including live chat, here .

Many thanks

Tom_W