cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dodgy contractors split cable

londonboy73
Dialled in

About 3 weeks ago, 2 guys in a white van were attending outside my property. Since then our broadband has been very slow and intermittent. Also our tv has been intermittent and blanking out. On inspection, the cats entry manhole has been tampered with and somebody has cemented over it with a fresh cable coming out and going to the neighbour property. I’ve repeatedly tried to speak to someone about this, but the call centre is still as useless as evEr, the chat just goes around in circles, and there’s no physical way to raise a complaint anywhere on the virgin website

how do I raise this when the useless virgin is not possible to be reached?

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you post somes picture of the damage, it may help.

The quickest way to report service faults is via 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone), choose the "I have a fault" options but don't press any more buttons. What was the gist of the conversation you had with the faults agent - did you report this as a loss of service?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No 150 nor 151 are the 'quickest' way to report anything... the call centre is worse than useless.... the chat function went round in circles and then wanted to transfer me to someone else, who never appeared. Customer services is 0%

Hi londonboy73,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having a few issues with your services since two men attended your property a few weeks ago. I can appreciate how frustrating it must have been not being able to get some help with this.

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can arrange an engineer visit for you so this can be looked into. Please do look out for my message over at the purple envelope.

Beth

Beth