cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Virgin pay early term fee

ice198625
On our wavelength

Hi

I've just had to pay Vodafone an early termination fee for their issue but they wasn't willing to let me leave penalty free so just paid them up

Do virgin pay x amount for early termination from a 3rd party ?

8 REPLIES 8

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What are you actually asking?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BumbleVMTech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Im not 100% sure but will probably depend on amount and what package you are interested in.  I have sent you a PM

Regards

Rich

Here to help! Im a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
************ FANCY £50 OFF YOUR BILL ************

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ernie_C wrote:

That's easy.  Will Virgin Media pay out the existing months or early termination fee if the customer leaves their current provider and joins VM.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ernie_C wrote:

That's easy.  Will Virgin Media pay out the existing months or early termination fee if the customer leaves their current provider and joins VM.

Well now, if you search through these forums, you’ll see a couple of threads where people have claimed that a VM sales person have said just that, ie ‘just sign up with us and we’ll refund you whatever it costs to buy out your existing supplier’ But the thing to consider is that they are sales people who will promise you anything to get a sale - and once done move on to the next mug punter.

What I don’t think I’ve ever seen is anyone actually confirming that they have received said payment - odd that?

TLDR : probably not, VM won’t buy out your existing contract - that’s down to you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish I could get a provider to buy me out of my Virgin Media one.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ice198625, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear of your situation with your previous provider. 

We don't have a standard process or offer of paying for early termination fees that you've had from another supplier however from time to time there may be offers or flash promotions offering credit on your account in which case you can use the money you save on your bill to go towards a previous companies early termination fees. 

If you have any other questions, just let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I have read it's upto £100 credit but it will get swallowed up easily by install charges and activations.

You are better off with your current provider or moving to full fibre openreach.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to be clear if you can be from the OP - he’s already left his previous supplier and paid the edf.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks