cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Virgin not answer the phone anymore?

ephemerol
Dialled in

I've been on hold for nearly an hour now 😬

I'm trying to leave Virgin but it seems almost impossible to speak to anyone on 150. It's just permanently on hold.

Is there a direct phone number for the contract/retention team?

17 REPLIES 17

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ephemerol 

I'm afraid there isn't a direct number, all calls are routed through the same IVR.

It's best to call around 8am when lines first open and are least busy.

You can also write to them to as per the terms and conditions. If writing send it by registered (signed for) post.

Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

ephemerol
Dialled in

Seems like there's a fault on my Virgin phone line, it doesn't hang up when I put the phone down so I've left it on speakerphone listening to the on hold music - I've been on hold for over 2 hours now. While I've been waiting I noticed there's an option to cancel contract via text message so I've just done this too (one of the Virgin bots replied to me straight away with the same "Please select broadband or mobile" automatic replies so I'm guessing this method doesn't work either).

Finally got through to someone at Virgin, I told them I wanted to leave and they said they needed to transfer me to the retention team - then he hung up on me 💩

Back on hold again....

Just had a chat with someone in the cancellation team and they said the maximum notice period is 60 days (my contract doesn't end until July) so they couldn't cancel the account - I complained as the 60 day maximum restriction isn't mentioned anywhere on the Virgin website (only the 30 day minimum). Fortunately, they've promised to call me back in a couple of weeks.... fingers crossed they do, I don't fancy spending another day listening to the on hold music.

Hi @ephemerol,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear that you're looking to cancel your services with us and leave. We advise a minimum 30 day process for any cancellation request, but in some circumstances if a customer needs to arrange this in advance then we can do it a maximum of 60 days ahead.

We're unable to arrange package changes from here, including upgrades and cancellations, so it'd be best to speak with our retentions department on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline) to discuss this further.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Virgin promised to call me back yesterday.... they didn't. No surprises.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ephemerol,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing cancellation request. 

I'm very sorry to hear that you've not received a call back about your cancellation. We do have a lot of different options for you to get in touch with us about your cancellation request. 

You can give us a call on 150/ 03454541111, text us on 07533051809, message us on WhatsApp on 07305327112, or write to us to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR4 9EN.

You can read more about our Cancellation Process on our website if you wish.

Please keep us updated on how you get on.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I'm on hold yet again.... why not have a call back option for the cancellation team?

Are Virgin so short staffed that it takes over 3 hours for someone to pick up the phone?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ephemerol,

Thank you for coming back to us and for keeping us updated. 

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having to wait on hold for so long. Our teams are doing all they can to get through to all contacting customers. 

If you do not want to wait in a queue for too long, you can give us a call between 8am-10am when our call queues are much shorter.

Keep us updated on how you get on. Thanks.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs