Menu
thedelboy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Do I notify OFcom or Police??

I have had a great contract with 

Virgin for the last year(when BB works) gave notice to end on 4th Jan as thats when my deal ends,Virgin sent me a bill for £45 odd, my Contract was for £29 pm ?? the contract started on 5th jan2015 so ends on 4th jan 2016,spoke to a friend (B+H intel)who told me a final bill could be larger than normal due to mid month but looking at my payment record he stated "Something is fishy here!" I was originally going to keep the phone but cancel tv and BB due to costs if Virgin had offered me a deal similar to my previous deal I would have stayed but after the shock of the last bill and Virgins obvious contempt towards Loyal customers I feel not only betrayed but ripped off! I do have another contract with my Girlfriends home but am stopping that as well as soon as the contract is up!

has anyone else felt that Virgin just dont seem to care about their loyalty to them? or feel that Virgin just have gone down hill in the last couple of years ? I trully beleive its since Branson sold out and went to taking NHS contracts that Virgin has stopped being the Caring helpful company it once was!  I have an illness where I rely on the telephone for my Carelink button and use the internet to keep in touch with what is going on outside my home al though I have the telephone its only used for the emergency link not for any other calls! at my wits end with all this!

0 Kudos
thedelboy
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do I notify OFcom or Police??

hould read 5th jan 2016 and jan 4th 2017

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 34
Flag for a moderator

When did you tell them you wanted to end the contract?

0 Kudos
thedelboy
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 34
Flag for a moderator

I gave them a full month as stated on my contract
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 34
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

In that case you'll need to speak to them direct for an explanation. Billing cycles dictate your final bill and how much it is so you need to know how many days of the previous month were paid up and how many days in January fall into this billing cycle.

thedelboy
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Have tried that tbh but have got no where, been advised to let them take the money then make a police report as its obviously a scam!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 34
Flag for a moderator

the police will not deal with this. Who gave you that advice?

0 Kudos
thedelboy
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 34
Flag for a moderator

A Police Officer! Fraud is fraud! Apparently this is not Fraud but it is an offence to demand monies where monies are not due! Especially the way its worded! So the Police "Will" deal with this if a complaint is made, I would personally like it sorted out with Virgin hence my coming here to see what others have done in this situation!Not to cause trouble but for further advice? Thankyou for yours but others have made it Plain it can be dealt with using Legal sources! The officer concerned has given me advice and who to speak to in Brighton he personally can't get involved due to conflict of interest. Thanks again
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 34
Flag for a moderator

its a civil matter not a criminal one. you can get it sorted by legal means but not through the police.

thedelboy
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 34
Flag for a moderator

It becomes a criminal matter when the money leaves my bank and goes into theirs! I have checked this thoroughly! But thats not the point,tbh I just want it sorted by Virgin rather than waste my energy and time and that of Legal services for that matter, Why do Virgin make themselves so unapproachable? Why can't they just say "Sorry we made a mistake,this is your Actual final bill!" It would save all this stress they have put me through. I am in panic mode already due to having to go for another operation on jan24th 2016 has been a bad year for me so far my Mum died in March through being given a medication the hospital were aware she had a serious allergy to,then on November 16th my Father passed away,so with all that and now Virgin being a pain its just too much ! All I want is this sorted in a proper professional manner not to be treated as a pest because I questioned my bill Is it too much too ask? Try being a customer would you put up with it???
0 Kudos