Menu
Highlighted
thedelboy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Do I notify OFcom or Police??

I have had a great contract with 

Virgin for the last year(when BB works) gave notice to end on 4th Jan as thats when my deal ends,Virgin sent me a bill for £45 odd, my Contract was for £29 pm ?? the contract started on 5th jan2015 so ends on 4th jan 2016,spoke to a friend (B+H intel)who told me a final bill could be larger than normal due to mid month but looking at my payment record he stated "Something is fishy here!" I was originally going to keep the phone but cancel tv and BB due to costs if Virgin had offered me a deal similar to my previous deal I would have stayed but after the shock of the last bill and Virgins obvious contempt towards Loyal customers I feel not only betrayed but ripped off! I do have another contract with my Girlfriends home but am stopping that as well as soon as the contract is up!

has anyone else felt that Virgin just dont seem to care about their loyalty to them? or feel that Virgin just have gone down hill in the last couple of years ? I trully beleive its since Branson sold out and went to taking NHS contracts that Virgin has stopped being the Caring helpful company it once was!  I have an illness where I rely on the telephone for my Carelink button and use the internet to keep in touch with what is going on outside my home al though I have the telephone its only used for the emergency link not for any other calls! at my wits end with all this!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 33
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Do I notify OFcom or Police??

In that case you'll need to speak to them direct for an explanation. Billing cycles dictate your final bill and how much it is so you need to know how many days of the previous month were paid up and how many days in January fall into this billing cycle.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 11 of 33
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Like acyberax says, its a civil matter not a criminal one.

Most service  companies sidestep the Fraud act by including remediation in their TOS. If a refund is  possible, even if they overcharge you,  there's no intention to materially gain.

Never ask a Police Officer about the law.  Dont even ask a Solicitor. A Barrister or a bod referred to as M'lud are the people who KNOW what they are talking about.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 12 of 33
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

thedelboy wrote:
It becomes a criminal matter when the money leaves my bank and goes into theirs! I have checked this thoroughly! But thats not the point,tbh I just want it sorted by Virgin rather than waste my energy and time and that of Legal services for that matter, Why do Virgin make themselves so unapproachable? Why can't they just say "Sorry we made a mistake,this is your Actual final bill!" It would save all this stress they have put me through. I am in panic mode already due to having to go for another operation on jan24th 2016 has been a bad year for me so far my Mum died in March through being given a medication the hospital were aware she had a serious allergy to,then on November 16th my Father passed away,so with all that and now Virgin being a pain its just too much ! All I want is this sorted in a proper professional manner not to be treated as a pest because I questioned my bill Is it too much too ask? Try being a customer would you put up with it???

What you ask for is totally reasonable. And it should not be beyond the wit of VM or any other provider to sort it out for you.

I will send you a PM shortly, look for the little purple envelope, top right of your screen.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 13 of 33
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I had something similar about a couple of years back when I had to cancel for a year.

You are billed a month in advance, so I would check the billing dates you could be paying for period 5th Jan to 4th Feb. 

When I cancelled they charged me the month in advance and refunded the money after the account was closed, crazy I know.

I would give them a ring after the holiday, I am sure it will get sorted in the end.

BB4ALL
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 33
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you have the time, what I did was go online and look for a site called Resolver. Then put your story down on their form and I guarantee you will get a reply from Virgin within 3 days. I don't know how they do it but it certainly worked for me after spending hours relating a problem I had with Virgin about the service I was paying for but not receiving, they got their act together and fixed it pronto. I also had the same problems with BT and used the same channels through Resolver and it worked a treat. They were asking me for £172 cancellation fee after closing my account without my consent to give to another customer whilst I was out of the country on holiday to come back to no services at all. The amount was cancelled and they pleaded with me to give them another chance but I had already signed up with Virgin much to my disappointment. They are all the same, their customer care sound so helpful over a telephone but they never keep their promises to deliver what they say they will. Try Resolver you won't be disappointed. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 33
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi thedelboy

Thanks for dropping by with your post regarding the current bill.

I feel things seem to have gone a little awry on this thread and hope to be able to simplify things here for you and put you mind at rest. I do appreciate your concerns and hope to help out.

Our statements bill as normal until the date of disconnection. At this time they fully refund any overcharges if you have paid in advance and the payment has already processed.

Overcharges if they have been debited are refunded to the account holder once the account has been disconnected.

With respect to your account, as @griffin mentioned, you have on your current statement been billed beyond the disconnection due date. This is why the charges are higher than expected as these fall into the new period you would have been in without the offer pricing you have with us currently. That is why this bill is higher than expected.

As those charges are not relevant to your bill until after the 4th you are due to get the majority of this current bill amount refunded. If you’d like to check in with our Webchat team regarding this they can advise you on the exact balance that is refunding back and give you more specific information about the estimated final bill.

Your pending payment is not due to be paid until after the disconnection date so this too will adjust to reflect the exact balance you should be paying. The date this is projected for will also change as the final payment due date will adjust the date that the final bill is due.

We will send a final bill to you once the account closes. All final bills are sent through the post not via email.

I’m also going to send a private message to you to support you further. You can find this in the purple envelope up by your forum name.

I hope to hear back from you soon.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 33
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Derek

Thanks for getting back to us on the forums Smiley Happy

If you'd like to pop back to me on my forum PM to you I'll look to see what I can support with for you this time.

You can find this on the forums on the top right in the purple envelope.

Hope to speak soon!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 32 of 33
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Morning Derek

My apologies the colleague I asked last week did not get in touch with you.

I have passed this back to him and he is going to try today.

Don't worry about the typo faux pas! I do that all the time! It made me smile, and I know you know it's for the right reasons. I'm sure your Dad would be laughing at it if he was here to see it too Smiley Happy

Let me know when my colleague has been in touch lovely.

Karen_A
Forum Team

All Replies
thedelboy
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 33
Flag for a moderator

hould read 5th jan 2016 and jan 4th 2017

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 33
Flag for a moderator

When did you tell them you wanted to end the contract?

0 Kudos
thedelboy
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 33
Flag for a moderator

I gave them a full month as stated on my contract
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 33
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

In that case you'll need to speak to them direct for an explanation. Billing cycles dictate your final bill and how much it is so you need to know how many days of the previous month were paid up and how many days in January fall into this billing cycle.

thedelboy
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Have tried that tbh but have got no where, been advised to let them take the money then make a police report as its obviously a scam!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 33
Flag for a moderator

the police will not deal with this. Who gave you that advice?
0 Kudos
thedelboy
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 33
Flag for a moderator

A Police Officer! Fraud is fraud! Apparently this is not Fraud but it is an offence to demand monies where monies are not due! Especially the way its worded! So the Police "Will" deal with this if a complaint is made, I would personally like it sorted out with Virgin hence my coming here to see what others have done in this situation!Not to cause trouble but for further advice? Thankyou for yours but others have made it Plain it can be dealt with using Legal sources! The officer concerned has given me advice and who to speak to in Brighton he personally can't get involved due to conflict of interest. Thanks again
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 33
Flag for a moderator

its a civil matter not a criminal one. you can get it sorted by legal means but not through the police.

thedelboy
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 33
Flag for a moderator

It becomes a criminal matter when the money leaves my bank and goes into theirs! I have checked this thoroughly! But thats not the point,tbh I just want it sorted by Virgin rather than waste my energy and time and that of Legal services for that matter, Why do Virgin make themselves so unapproachable? Why can't they just say "Sorry we made a mistake,this is your Actual final bill!" It would save all this stress they have put me through. I am in panic mode already due to having to go for another operation on jan24th 2016 has been a bad year for me so far my Mum died in March through being given a medication the hospital were aware she had a serious allergy to,then on November 16th my Father passed away,so with all that and now Virgin being a pain its just too much ! All I want is this sorted in a proper professional manner not to be treated as a pest because I questioned my bill Is it too much too ask? Try being a customer would you put up with it???
0 Kudos