cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusting Service

m7urt
Tuning in

I called VM last week to see what could be done about my £147 bill

I was offered to remain on the same OOMPH package for £85/m for 18 months, I added to this an upgrade to 1GB broadband. OK I was persuaded to stay, my modem would be delivered to me on Thursday (yesterday). Nothing arrived despite me staying home to receive it 😞 

Called this morning again, more of my time wasted. No one knew anything about it, nothing on the system, offered same deal for £101, WTH, no manager I could speak to etc.......fobbed off with a customer service number 08000643840 which I don't have the patience to go through all over again. 

hope someone sees this and acts on it because I am really upset with the whole thing. 

18 REPLIES 18

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @m7urt,

I appreciate the frustration with this and I'm sorry to hear you're not happy with the response from Paulina. I can assure you that her intention would not be to imply you're lying. 

As you have been discussing this with her in a private message, can you please send her a message back regarding this, so she can advise further?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Martin,

Thank you for coming back to me. I understand that you're unhappy and I do apologise. Not all calls are recorded on our systems, and after investigating the information you have given me, unfortunately, no matching information has been found in regards to your call on 22/07/22. I do apologise.

Unfortunately, as we're unable to make package changes from this platform, we would suggest you get in touch with our team by calling in on 150/ 03454541111 or texting our team on 07533051809 to find a package that you're happy with.

Thank you.

just given me the runaround for a couple of weeks. This really is the final straw

Just ring back in, state the offer and re-negotiate?

It may take 20 mins in a queue to "leaving virgin option" but you should be able to get the deal back you originally had. Leave it to long and what the agent can offer you changes - it may be better or worse depending on the financial targets etc agreed for that week.

The package you said was basically just similar to a new customer offer - it should be achievable again for re-contracting. Obviously humans are involved, so if you go in guns blazing and taking it out then you may not get the favoured result (not saying you would, but just saying).

You'll know if its really accepted, because you normally get a text indicating your new contract and MyAccount on virginmedia.com reflects the changes usually up to 24 hours after.

tried on 3 occasions now, £85 in intial offer, £101 second time, £111 3rd time on the same day, I'm done with them, my next call will be to cancel the lot.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there m7urt, thanks for this reply and for advising what has happened.

Also, sorry to see the initial offer you got from us has not been actioned and there is no notes to confirm this had been done on the call.
Please, be advised our offers change quite often and if you do not accept the quote then it becomes unavailable and you may not be able to retrieve it.

What did our team advise on your latest call in regard?

Also, is your contract ending anytime soon or has it already expired?
Please let us know, the more info we got the more efficiently we can help and advise you on this.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Adri

my contract has ended

I've been told that there is no call record (I have provided mt call record) and that £111 was nthe best that could be offered

I'm considering my options and Sky glass is looking good tbh

I've just been looking and for the most part I've had a virgin contract since about 1998, when it was blueyonder, i still have my blueyonder email attached to this account,

i need a price for broadband only please 500g and 1000g please

Martin

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ther m7urt, thanks for confirming this. 

We would not be able to help out with a package change or quotes from here, if not happy with the quoted price given and since your contract with us has ended you may either renew this for a new price or cancel your services without termination fees, if this is of your preference. 

Although we'd hate to see you go, we do understand it may seem better option for you to move to another provider given that you do not wish to refresh your contract with us for another 18 months.

Be advised once we give you a quote it has to either be accepted or declined on the call, if you declined it this would not be available for you after.

Please call us at 0345 454 1111 and our Care team will help you out, it's options 2-4 and again 2 if you wish to discuss a new deal or 4 if you wish to leave us (on the IVR).

Keep us here posted and let us know how you get on.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

i didn't decline it on the call i accepted it. i spent 15 minutes going through the whole shebang only for you to conveniently forget all about it after i stayed home to wait in for the new modem.

someone earlier in the thread advised me on the complaints procedure. VM really are the worst