cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusted with service - ready to go to CISAS

Amber52
Tuning in

I am appalled with the awful service provided by Virgin once again.

Today Virgin have closed my complaint without discussing the matter with me or even resolving it.

I am posting on here as I do not know what else I can possibly do - I have tried my hardest to resolve things myself with multiple agents on the phone, Whatsapp and webchat and nobody has done anything to help me. It took so much pleading to even get Virgin to log a complaint in the first place and now they have just closed it without any communication with me.

I took out a new VOLT package with you but you are charging me the wrong amount continuously. 

You have taken so much money from me that I cannot afford to pay other bills yet your team have shown no care towards me (how disgusting, particularly in this current climate), you have not refunded me or rectified my package.

I cannot afford all the money you are taking from me when we agreed to a contract that was much cheaper. I am so stressed and frustrated with this situation, please can someone on here help me?

I can provide you with full details of my complaint over private message if someone experienced on here can please help me, I am desperate. 

7 REPLIES 7

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Amber52,

It's really disappointing to hear of your experience regarding your account, your complaint and the bills. We appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

When did you last speak o the team in regards to your complaint? What did they advise or offer as a resolution to close it? We're eager to look into this further.

Rob

Hi Rob,

I was last in contact on 6th September via whatsapp - I spoke to Ji.

Absolutely nothing has been offered, today I got an email saying this:

"Thanks so much for the chat on 20/09/2022. We’re very happy to be able to resolve things for you.

Here's a quick recap

Your complaint was:
Cable > Billing/Charges > Other

And here’s what we agreed:
Billing > Billing corrected

We’ve now closed your complaint. Thanks again for bearing with us."

I have not spoken to you guys today? This email is completely false - you havent resolved anything, we didnt chat today - I am completely baffled by this service.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Amber52 wrote:

I took out a new VOLT package with you but you are charging me the wrong amount continuously.

Do you have documentary evidence of the price you were offered? Whilst it's true to say that verbal offers are as binding as written ones, the battle can be in proving it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yep - I have many written confirmations of it with numerous agents on Whatsapp and webchat - the issue is not one person can correctly apply it to my account and refund me the extra money they have taken from me without my consent

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Reply to the resolution email, saying that the company have still not properly resolved the matter to your satisfaction, and you therefore request the immediate issue of a "deadlock letter".  When you've got that, you can take the matter to the industry complaints adjudicator.  If doing that, don't forget to request compensation for the failure to implement an agreed price, failure to correct when you subsequently contacted VM, and poor handling of a formal complaint.  If involving CISAS, include in your complaint any instances of rudeness, long waits, broken promises to resolve. 

If the forum staff can sort this out that'll be quicker, but don't let VM fob you off by sorting out the problem they've created and sustained and then offering some miserly £15-30 goodwill gesture. 

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you very much for providing that information @Amber52

We can certainly look into this for you. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you very much for joining me on private message @Amber52

I'm glad we were able to resolve this for you. If you have any further questions or concerns on your future bills or anything is different than agreed, please do not hesitate to come back to us here on the community forums and we'll be more than happy to investigate further. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley