cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discrimination towards retired customers

ManchesterfordP
Tuning in

Very troubled by a recent experience my Dad, who is retired had with Virgin Media. He has been a customer since the NTLworld days and his cable box is so old it isn't Tivo. 

My neighbour, my brother and myself all recently came to the end of our contracts (we all have the same packages pretty much) and made contact to ask for a reduction on the renewal price. We all received discounts. 

Dad called to do the same and they refused. They didn't offer to send a new box, wouldn't explain why they wouldn't offer a reduction or why they wouldn't match my price plan. He pointed out he was requesting the same service and has been a customer longer than I have. 

I have since heard of this happening to other retired people we know. I'm concerned that VM are deliberately being obstructive to older people who will not wish to change supplier. 

My father is paying around £220 a year more than I am for exactly the same service but without Tivo. 

What can I do?

2 REPLIES 2

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @ManchesterfordP,

Welcome to the community and thanks for getting in touch with us here. I'm really sorry to hear of this happening and I can assure you that this is far from the service we should be providing to our customers.

I would like to take a look into this further for yourself and your Dad, I will send over a private message in a moment, please look out for this and we can get started looking into this.

Regards,

Steven_L

Sololobo
Superstar

I've heard that Sky Q is a quite good alternative.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.