Menu
mk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Discounts

Having been trying to get some discount to renew my package as out of contract but with no luck. I was advised by VM retentions to let my advance line rental lapse as it was difficult to price discounts with line rental separate. Have gone back since but been offered nothing so effectively have loss £2 per month line rental discount. I have been a VM customer for many years but I think its time to go. New customers being offered same package with £18 discount. Just got an email from quidco offering Full House Sports TV for £65 with £220 cashback - better to cancel and go with alternative for 1 year and return as new customer.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Discounts

Hi Mk,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community.

I am sorry to hear that you haven't been able to negotiate a new deal.

I advise looking around, once you have found a few different prices then speak to customer relations, who will be able to look at a package suited to you.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
mk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

have tried that but to be honest I don't think VM have any appreciation for customer loyalty. It becomes am annual pain phoning retentions to get a suitable renewal deal.It wouldn't be so bad if VM didn't constantly increase the package prices. there is no reward for loyalty!!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi there mk, 

I assure you that we love all our customers and we are always happy to check for any offers or deals that may be available just for you.

You are more likely to get an offer or loyalty discount if you choose to take out a new contact or upgrade your services. 

You can check your online account for any offers too - virg.in/myVM

We last had a price increase for our cable services in November of 2018 (it was announced to customers between August and September). 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mk
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Ok Katie - here's your starter for 10

I currently have full house TV bundle with 100mb BB and Talk Evenings and Weekends. I have a second Tivo 500Mb box connected for multiroom and currently paying £71 per month after current discount

I have already highlighted the quidco offer for full house sports TV bundle at £65 with £220 cashback - what can VM offer me ?

I am happy to downgrade to Talk weekends as don't use landline often.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

To look into your account we would need to take this to a private message. I will PM you now to discuss this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@mk wrote:

I was advised by VM retentions to let my advance line rental lapse as it was difficult to price discounts with line rental separate. Have gone back since but been offered nothing so effectively have loss £2 per month line rental discount.

It is very challenging for them to subtract £19 from the price.  That was my sorry experience.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/My-Upgrades-amp-Offers-Chaos/m-p/3490776#M1796729

mk
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

After being asked to take my postings private on the pretence of being offered something nothing was offered. 

Typical VM. As my main focus is stable broadband and BT Sport I might as well move to BT for a cheaper deal

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@mk wrote:

As my main focus is stable broadband and BT Sport I might as well move to BT for a cheaper deal

You may want to hold off until August before committing.  BT Sport may be made available on Now TV and may be the cheapest option.

In the meantime, you could downgrade all your services to bare bones 50mbps broadband, player TV and talk weekends and see what happens.  You may like I did get a call to upgrade at a good price.

My line rental saver ends in early September, so I am waiting to see what happens before I commit to VM for another 12 months.

0 Kudos
mk
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Guessing that downgrade or upgrade all count as change of service and probably a new 12 month contract. 

0 Kudos