cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discount not appearing on new bill

CBouldin
Tuning in

I recently purchased Virgin media broadband for my new build property during the winter sale. I purchased the 100mb broadband only for £26.99. I had so many issues getting the fibre connected as the communication from Virgin was absolutely terrible and they would randomly show up without contacting and be surprised that I was at work rather than waiting for them to show up. 

I originally bought the package on 05/01/2022 but was without internet until it was finally installed on 28/01/2022. I didn't receive the contract or first bill until 29/01/2022. The contract and bill both have no indication to the discount and state that I need to pay £44/month. 

I rang virgin and was told that they cannot change this and when I said I will have to cancel they stated that because it is more than 14 days after I purchased it would cost £250 to cancel. How is this fair as I have only had the contract and service three days? 

Has anyone had a similar issue or know how I can get this sorted? I am beyond angry with Virgin and wish that I had gone with another provider from the beginning 

4 REPLIES 4

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @CBouldin

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Have you spoken to the team directly regarding the discount being missing from your package?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I spoke on the phone to virgin media and they said there is no note on their system that includes the discount. I purchased the discounted package and am sure the issues with installation and delays has caused this to no longer be on my order. 

I have been talking to different agents on the WhatsApp messaging service for the best part of two days and they have offered to upgrade me to M200 for an extra £31. Its very annoying and makes me regret buying it in the first place. 

I have finally got through to someone, after many hours chatting with various agents on the WhatsApp chat. It seems that the "online team who process [my] order forgot to apply the discount". 

I have been offered the same package for £24/month which I have said yes to. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @CBouldin 

Thanks for the update.

Congratulations, it seems your persistence has had the desired effect.

It's good to see you are now on the correct pricing.

If you do have any issues in the future though then the forums should be your fist point of call.

It's not an instant service, but far better than dealing via the telephony systems.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali