cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discount ended early for no reason

Mogsab
Tuning in

I recently updated by package to include mixit TV. I received an email confirming that my monthly bill would be £30. I am on a £25 18 month discount package and the TV extra is £5.
However when I received my latest bill it says my monthly charge is £56 (plus installation charge etc, which I’m fine with) and that my discount has ended! I have 15 months left on that discount and I was clearly informed by email that my monthly bill would be £30.

customer service claim they don’t know what I’m talking about

7 REPLIES 7

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mogsab, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear the discrepancy on your bill.

Are you able to kindly provide a screenshot on here of the email in question? Please send this, but kindly make sure any personal details such as your full name, account number, email address or address are blurred out.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi, I finally managed to get through to customer service and I think this has been resolved, although I am still awaiting my updated bill

Hi @Mogsab thanks a lot for your reply.

Great to hear that you got things sorted!

If you do need any further help once you've got your updated bill, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom,

Still awaiting my updated bill, so hopefully everything will be sorted before the direct debit. I’ve had ongoing problems with the wrong bill amounts being sent and it appears that customer service have no sight on the contract that has been sent to me, which seems a bit daft. Is this something that Virgin media are looking to solve? It would be really helpful if you could call customer service and they could see previous correspondence 

Morgan 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Mogsab,

Thanks for the update, you should get your new update bill on your next bill date. We are unable to amend bills already created.

We are unable to call as we are online agents, I am sorry for this.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

So I’m supposed to pay too much this time round? Or should I pay what I’m supposed to pay?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Mogsab,

When you pay the higher bill, it will mean the next few bills will reflect this and be a lot lower.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide