Menu
Highlighted
Disgruntled9
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Disconnecting equipment

I have just changed providers as I have been very unhappy with the service received from Virgin. I now need an engineer to dismantle Virgin equipment. How can I arrange this without hanging on the phone for ages trying to get a sensible answer? Difficulty contacting Virgin is just one of my reasons for leaving Virgin

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Disconnecting equipment

Virgin do not dismantle equipment, this is something you DIY

0 Kudos
Disgruntled9
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. Not surprised as they do not seem to have any idea of customer service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Disgruntled9

I am really sorry you've left us.  @jb66 has correctly advised that we do not dismantle/collect the equipment. We send out a returns package with all the necessary tools to dismantle, return and make safe any sockets etc.  This should be received within 7 working days of your account terminating.  We then ask the packaged equipment to your nearest Collect+ 

Please let us know if you've not yet received your packaging.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Disgruntled9
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have just received the Virgin returns kit. They certainly don't make it easy. Also I am a 73 year old pensioner undergoing treatment for cancer and I am expected to crawl around the floor disconnecting equipment, fight with the returns kit ,then having to take it to a collection centre. I left Virgin as I was not satisfied with their customer service, and of course frequent price rises - this has just reinforced my decision to change providers. I feel someone needs to explain the concept of customer service to Virgin i.e. service and looking after their customers. The only thing Virgin is efficient at is raising prices. I wouldn't even recommend Virgin media to my worst enemy!

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You think it makes good business sense for virgin to send a engineer at a cost to them to retrieve equipment from a ex customer?
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I guess they could offer a service at £99 a go.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Disgruntled9
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Equipment taken to Collect Plus but now you are threatening to charge me if I do not return it. Tracking tells me it has been delivered. Stop harassing me!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

"and of course frequent price rises"
so you want VM to send out staff to disconnect everything. And you think that will make things cheaper 🙂
Sorry Real world

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

it can take 14 days after being delivered to be added back to the system as returned. Keep your returns receipt and ignore the letters until after the 14 days

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos