cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnected earlier than assured

amj95
Tuning in

I decided after 3 years to leave Virgin Media, I called in yesterday and requested an end of contract and disconnection on the 10 / 11th of February as this period is been already paid for. 

I was assured once and again that I will have internet until that day, I asked many times as I study online and also part of my work is online. They assured me I wold not have any issues with this. Well its been more than 7 hours now since I have been disconnected. And I know its that because I have tried everything with the router and when on the web where the option to check your connection is available it clearly says you have been disconnected. 

The period 11 January to 11 of February has been paid for so as I was assured I should have internet connection until then. I do not understand what happened and I need to be online today for my work so please help me here

8 REPLIES 8

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi amj95

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of this disconnection dispute. I shall send you a PM now to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi amj95

Thanks for joining me on PM and allowing me to sort this for you. Just to update the thread, all was sorted on the day (my bad for the delayed return to public thread message)

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi amj95, 

Thanks for your private message to John. He is currently out of the office so I have picked this up in his absence. 

The online billing won't show any changes until your new bill is generated. As already mentioned by John you can ignore the notification. The amount he told you is coming out is correct. 

Let us know if you have any further concerns. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kaith I do have a concern. I was told by your colleague when I called that our last payment was for January till February so I dont understand why do we have to pay another month. Your colleague confirmed that our last payment was the last we were gonna make as it covered from January 10th till Feb 11th so its not okay he said specifically "it's the last payment we are taking from you guys" so no. Its not okay

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us @amj95

You can find all information on how we work our bills out here.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi. Yes exactly I checked and we paid in advance. So on the 10th of January we paid for 1 month in advance which is the one happening now. So as our contract ends at the end of it we should not be paying for February as we are not going to have internet then

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for coming back to me. 

I will pop you over a PM so that I can take a further look into this for you. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zak I have replied to your PM with all the info you require. It is getting very difficult to contact you guys because since its only one week until the disconnection our wifi is useless we keep having flashing light s on the router. The app says everything is okay and the wait list by phone is neverending. This is getting too much we did all we have to do. We waited 3 hours to speak with someone to confirm everything would be fine for the contract end and suddenly all is problems.