cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing complaints

KCAGNEY
Joining in

I've been having issues with delays to my broadband installation since 27th Sept and keep submitting complaints on the online form but when I check my.virginmedia.com/cases to look at them there's nothing there at all! 

What's the best way to submit a complaint and get it answered or at the very least not apparently immediately deleted?

4 REPLIES 4

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Well, you can do it in writing by post (recorded delivery) to the postal address in the complaints code of practice.

Unfortunately you're one of many people who are being subject to delays of months, broken promises, and absence of any accurate information.  The current record reported in this forum is eleven months.  Equally unfortunately, VM's complaints handling is done to the same standard as new connections, so the chances of anything being done are low, although you will get a nice "you've been fobbed off by Virgin Media" letter that you can frame and put on the wall.

It is possible VM will do the necessary work in the next few days, but there's simply no connection between what might be done and what you'll be told, so it could still be months and multiple broken promises away.  A browse of the forum for complaints about delayed installations will give you a feel for what to expect.  Bizarrely, although VM are in chaos with installations, somebody reported in the forum today that in response to a pre-sales enquiry that they had installation work done without a firm order, and before it was even wanted. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @KCAGNEY,

Welcome to the community page, thanks for posting.

I am sorry to see there has been a delay with your installation.

I located your account using your forums details, I can see you have a complaint raised regarding this. I can also see a work order for the installation is booked. I am sorry if this has been pushed back to far, sometimes we need to wait for certain permits before we can install our cables.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I understand you can see that one complaint, but I've raised at least three, and I still can't actually see anything in 'my cases'. Very easy for virgin to duck out of their responsibility to respond to complaints if they just delete the records!

My latest issue is that my instalation has been delayed to the 7th of December to allow for work outside to happen on the 30th November. The work had already been completed on the 19th; the cable is pulled up and its in my house, there's no reason the engineer couldn't come on 22nd November when they were initially booked.

I rang customer service who made me ring the pre install team who said they were going to fix it 'today', yesterday, and evidently there's been no progress.

Every person I've spoken to has said 'yes this is definitely going to happen', 'yes everything's going according to schedule', 'yes the work is done' and absolutely nothing has been resolved. I'm tired of being lied to and I will be taking this to the ombudsman as soon as 8 weeks have past from my first recorded complaint.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @KCAGNEY,

We can only have one complaint on the account for the same issue, this is why you only have one on the account.

I am sorry for the inconvenience with the delays with your installation, we are doing everything possible to get this completed. Unforeseen circumstances can cause delays and this is out of our control. We can look into what resolution you require once everything is completed.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide