cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable purchasing packages

AntoniJ1975
Up to speed

Hey,

Today I received an email saying I had added Sky Sports Collection to my TV package. I did not do this but my elderly dad who has vision issues must have accidently added it. I managed to get the package removed but it caused me a lot of hassle.

Is there anyway I can stop him from accidently purchasing these channels/packages? I have already setup a PIN which he doesn't know and under parental controls I have locked all the channels that he is not a subscriber of however when I go to the channels it appears to still give the chance to add it (says press OK to add this channel etc..)  even though the channel is locked would it still be added if he pressed OK?

Any information would be great as I can't keep contacting VM to have these removed all the time.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should usually need to enter the PIN to make any package changes via your STB. It certainly shouldn't be added just from a single button press, but should ask for the PIN before confirming anything.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should usually need to enter the PIN to make any package changes via your STB. It certainly shouldn't be added just from a single button press, but should ask for the PIN before confirming anything.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

thank you... having talked with him he did indeed know the PIN i had setup i must have told him at one point... i have now changed the PIN so hopefully this will never happen again... again... thanks.

Hey AntoniJ1975, thank you for reaching and letting us know what you have changed the pin.

As mentioned, this is the the main way of changing or adding anything onto the package, I personally would keep changing this every couple of week so this does not happen again. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?