cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct debit auto cancel

Jagodas
Just joined

I just booked my move, which means that my time with Virgin Media is coming to an end.

Will my direct debit be cancelled after the last bill is paid, or will I need to cancel it manually?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Only you can cancel a direct debit. Be sure not to do so until you are absolutely sure that all payments have been made to Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Only you can cancel a direct debit. Be sure not to do so until you are absolutely sure that all payments have been made to Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you!

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Just to elaborate on that, whilst only the account holder can give an instruction to cancel a direct debit, most banks will automatically cancel an unused direct debit after something like 13 months of inactivity.  Specifics vary by bank, but that is a situation where a DD would be cancelled without the account holder acting.  There's no way for a third party (eg Virgin Media) to cancel a DD.