cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit on my account registered and taken because VM gave my details to O2 without my consent

inspire
Joining in

It has been one issue to another since I joined VM, from no service, below guaranteed speed for over a week, to an undisclosed charge of £35 never mentioned during sign-up, and now giving my data to O2 without my consent for direct debit.

VM tried to sell Volts package aggressively to me when I called to complain of all the issues I was having from using Virgin Media instead of the customer service agent to look into the complaints. I rejected but they somewhat found a way to get me on O2 without my consent. Now I'm debited for a service I don't know and a contract that was never consented to. If I hadn't checked my bank statements, I wouldn't have known that O2 through VM connivance has direct debit on my account.

I have spent an unquantifiable amount of time chasing Virgin Media for one issue or another. At this point, it will be fair if I get compensation for these troubles, stress and the time wasted due to Virgin Media.

I need advice on how best to go about this mess caused by VM.

12 REPLIES 12

Do please keep us updated with the cancellation of the O2 contract.

In relation to the Virgin Media services, are you still experiencing any service issues on the connection?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks @David_Bn for your concern.

O2 reached out to me today and I was advised that the bills are cancelled, refund initiated and I should receive the money within 7 working days. 

Fingers crossed.

The VM network is better now than last week.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply inspire. 

I am happy to hear progress has been made with your O2 account and that your network has improved. 

Please do reach out if we can assist in the future. 

Thanks, 

Nat