cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit on my account registered and taken because VM gave my details to O2 without my consent

inspire
Joining in

It has been one issue to another since I joined VM, from no service, below guaranteed speed for over a week, to an undisclosed charge of £35 never mentioned during sign-up, and now giving my data to O2 without my consent for direct debit.

VM tried to sell Volts package aggressively to me when I called to complain of all the issues I was having from using Virgin Media instead of the customer service agent to look into the complaints. I rejected but they somewhat found a way to get me on O2 without my consent. Now I'm debited for a service I don't know and a contract that was never consented to. If I hadn't checked my bank statements, I wouldn't have known that O2 through VM connivance has direct debit on my account.

I have spent an unquantifiable amount of time chasing Virgin Media for one issue or another. At this point, it will be fair if I get compensation for these troubles, stress and the time wasted due to Virgin Media.

I need advice on how best to go about this mess caused by VM.

12 REPLIES 12

inspire
Joining in

It has been one issue to another since I joined VM, from no service, below guaranteed speed for over a week, to undisclosed charge of £35 never mentioned during sign up, and now giving my data to O2 without my consent for direct debit.

VM tried to sell Volts package aggressively to me when I called to complain of all the issues I was having from using Virgin Media instead of the customer service agent to look into the complaints. I rejected but they somewhat found a way to get me on O2 without my consent.  Now I'm debited for service I don't know and contract that was never consented. If I hadn't checked my bank statements, I wouldn't have known that O2 through VM connivance has direct debit on my account.

I have spent unquantifiable amount of time on chasing Virgin Media for one issue or another. At this point, it will be fair I get compensation for these troubles, stress and the time wasted due to Virgin Media. 

I need advice on how best to go about this mess caused by VM.

jhuk
Trouble shooter

Posting in, the right section for a start would be better.

inspire
Joining in

@jhuk Thanks for the pointer. I have posted in the right section

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @inspire

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your package.

Just to clarify, did you not agree any package change whatsoever with the team? Have you received a contract with the new package on?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Travis_M

I am on M250 and not on Volts. One of your agents misunderstood me when I was unable to login into my VM account and tried to force package change to Volts and I refused the contract but she dubiously went on and even sent me a text to contact her for what I don't know. Same day, I called VM and O2 and I was assured the contract was cancelled and should not bother. 

Then here I am with £6 direct debit on my account when I didn't give O2 my account. If I had not looked through my account statements yesterday, this would have gone unnoticed.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @inspire

Thanks for your response

Have you contacted O2 regarding the £6 charge so they can look at getting this removed?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Travis_M

I spent the whole day getting through to O2. On 3 occassions, the customer agent hang the phone on me the moment I mentioned I was debited when I do not have a contract running. I do not know if it is deliberate or not.

Thanks for your reply, sorry to see that the call was disconnected when you tried speaking with O2. This certainly does sound like a frustrating situation. 

Unfortunately we do not have access to the systems needed on our side to help further, otherwise we would be more than happy to help. I would recommend popping here where you can find all contact details for O2, including a online chat option.

Please let us know how you get on with this.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan_B

I  was able to get across last night and the customer service person was able to look into it but there is a twist because I got a call from the agent that they were having some issues and a new crazy bill issued this month again (I have attached it here).  Let me believe it was part of what they are working on.

My anger is the inconveniences and enormous time spent chasing this because Virgin Media handed my details to O2 without my consent.

Let me hope O2 billing team resolves this and quickly.O2 Scam billAgain.png