Menu
vero_b
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Direct Debit not set up correctly

When I opened my virgin media account in July I arranged to pay my bills by monthly direct debit and was told by the employee on the phone after giving relevant bank details that everything would be set up.

Then I was hit with late payment charges on an overdue bill I believed would be taken by direct debit, which I paid online immediately and called to resolve. I was then first told that no direct debit had been set up (even though my bank has confirmed one was created in July) and then told they had attempted to take a payment which had been declined (which my bank confirms was not the case).

So I created a direct debit with the same account I had initially given VM, which activated on October 15th - but now my most recent bill has not been taken out of this account despite the overview page of my virgin media account saying "Your latest bill will be collected by Direct Debit on or shortly after the above date", and after calling the customer service number I have been told that this bill is outstanding on my account and no direct debit payments can be taken until it is paid. According to the phone reps the website only says it will be collected by direct debit because the website takes 2 weeks to update? The phone rep has also stated that virgin never attempted to take any payments via the direct debit and that it has only been set up since October 15th.

I am confused as to what is going on and wondering:

1.) Why weren't any payments taken by direct debit from the time my account was created?

2.) Is there a way to get the late payment charges reversed from the first payment? - as I feel this was an error in setting up the direct debit properly on Virgin Media's end.

3.) Why is the website informing me this direct debit is set up for my latest bill when the call center staff seem adamant that bills will only begin being paid by direct debit next month?

thank you for any help/advice anyone can provide.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) John_GS
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Direct Debit not set up correctly

Hi vero_b,

Sorry to hear of this Direct Debit issue.

Do you still need assistance with this? If so, please pop us a message back and we'll help further Smiley Happy

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
vero_b
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John_GS, 

Yes I do still need assistance, please.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi vero_b

I can see that this has been sorted today and I appreciate you popping back to us on the community.

Please let us know if this is debited successfully and if you have further concerns let us know.

Take care.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
vero_b
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen_A,

I'm unsure what you mean by the issue being sorted? My questions about this still haven't been answered, would it be possible for me to contact you or another representative directly to discuss this further, please?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry about this experience @vero_b,

I'd like to help answer the questions you've raised with us if you'd still like help so I'll be dropping you a private message for more info soon. Just click the small envelope logo to the top right.

Thanks,

Michael_JK
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos