Menu
Claireramsay90
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Default on credit report

In 2016 I switched my tv account into my name as my previous partner had taken care of the bill prior to this. I received a huge first bill and phoned to query. I asked for bills and information about what I was being charged for as I did not understand why the bill was so high! The response was very uninformative other than that I could take specific things off which I did. I downgraded the package and paid what I could of the bill. I then decided that I would close the account in the May of that year as it wasn’t my agreement in the first place.  I was told at that time I would be sent a final bill once services were terminated. I received a bill on the 8th of July with the due date showing the same date. I called virgin and they said that it was sent to debt collectors on the 5th of July... 3 days before I received the bill and more importantly the due date. I then received a letter from debt collectors and agreed to pay the bill through them. I was told at that time that virgin would remove any information linking to my credit file. 

In 2017 I checked my credit report and found the default. I contacted the credit file amendments team who confirmed that the information would be updated. I am now applying for mortgages and went into my credit report to check everything was in order. The balance was brought to zero however the default is still there. The fact I never received the bill until 3 days after it was already posted to a debt collector is outrageous and the fact they still have not removed it from my credit file! I have since contacted the team again... with no response. Can someone from Virgin Media help?! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Default on credit report

Hi Claireramsay90,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for reaching out. I'm really sorry that you've been having issues resolving your credit file concerns.

I'm afraid that this would need to be investigated directly by our credit file amendments team, as no other department would have access to the relevant information. You can contact them on creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk, although there may be instances where they complete the necessary action on your credit file but do not respond via email.

Have you heard anything since your post? Have the changes been made as requested?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos