cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default on credit file

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I’ve seen a number of posts which are similar to my situation, and I am extremely distressed about it. Never in my life have I missed a payment but when we closed our account in March with virgin we never expected we would end up here. It is only as we are at risk of losing our mortgage that we have found Virgin have placed a default on my credit rating for £14.  They said they sent us emails and letters for payment but we have searched our emails and found nothing - the last email was an acknowledgment of our returned equipment. We also have never received any letters advising overdue payment even though our address was updated in their system after we closed the account. My husband said when he tried to go back online, he was advised we couldn’t as we didn’t have an account.  We finally got through to Virgin and have settled the account. They confirmed on the phone the account had closed in March but will not put it in writing for us and told us, like others have said to email their credit amendment team. I have done this and sent them proof to say the account t balance is zero and the account was closed and is now again closed. 
I am so stressed to the point this is making me sick that we could lose our mortgage over £14 so if anyone can help that would be great as I just don’t know what to do to salvage my credit score now. How can we get proof to show this wasn’t our fault if the account was closed? 

5 REPLIES 5

spgray
Problem sorter

no-one can help here.
you have been advised to email the credit amendment team.

if the default is valid then it won't be removed, it will be marked as settled.
if the default was not valid then it will be removed.

however, when an account is closed you still have a final payment to make. the mistake people often make it when they cancel they immediately cancel the associated DD. that means that once the account is closed the final payment cannot be taken, thus you end up with a debt.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks spgray. I saw

others had been helped on here which I was I joined.  It is really difficult to get a hold of Virgin customer services and when you do they follow a script so I was hoping for more clarity from those who had also experienced this. 

We called Virgin before closing our account and we’re told about that last payment which we made. This additional payment was never mentioned otherwise we would have looked out for it and now we’re suffering the consequences.

£14 isn’t a lot and we would have paid it immediately if we’d known about it and we received no communication even though we updated our details with our new address and had a current email address. It’s frustrating and it saddens me that in such difficult times companies are being so ruthless.

Hi Rex123,

Thanks for your post. 

I'm really sorry that you had this experience when leaving us, and I can understand your concern when it's potentially affecting your mortgage. 

Whilst I'm not able to help directly here, it sounds like you've already emailed our credit file amendments team who will investigate and let you know the outcome of this. 

Thank you,

Melissa

Hi I have a similar situation but I have paid the final bill can you please put me in contact with someone to make sure the default has been marked as settled. Appreciate any help here. 

Thanks 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Laingh2020, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues similar to the the original poster. 

Can you please expand a little on what has happened? Was the final bill amount showing as outstanding/overdue?

Thanks

Nat