cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Def01 error code

fletchi221
Tuning in

I’m receiving DEF01 error code when I’m trying register my account I have tried on web browser and the app

148 REPLIES 148

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Allwood2165,

Sorry to see you have been affected by this error when trying to register online.
Please, try the below and let us know if any of this worked for you:

1. clear cache and cookies
2. try a different browser and/or device 
3. try the MyVM app

Also, if none of the above is successful please use this link here to try and register as we changed the url recently due to the issue.

Let us know how you get on, happy to assist further if needed.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

None of these methods work at all same error code every time 

Also seeing the same problem repeatedly with registration using the links supplied by Virgin Media, and with different browsers.

In the Virgin Media welcome email with subject "Welcome to eBilling from Virgin Media" (received 12 June), it provides this link: https://my.virginmedia.com/create-profile/register.  This returns the DEF01 error code when using the email address I used for the account/received above email on.  The link on the main Virgin Media page also directs to My Virgin Media and then https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/register.  Also tried the link posted by Adri_G in this forum.  These links result in the same error too.

This is a bad experience for new customers, and you need to fix it promptly (or I'll cancel and take my business elsewhere)

Getting the same error. 
Both using the original sign-up link from welcome email, and the link from  Adri_G  post. 
Have tried different browsers - different PC / Laptop. Plus the MyVM app on iPad

Nothing works that’s for sure I couldn’t try it another way I’ve tried everything 

extro
Joining in

Getting this error too.  I ordered last week, delivery date was said to be yesterday. In order to track anything, getting directed to log in to "My Virgin Media", but get DEF01 error message every which way.  

Not exactly impressed so far...

What so your virgin hasn’t even been installed even though it should of been already ? 

Chevy117
Joining in

When is this going to get sorted out?

Need to track a order being installed this weekend.

Yeah I'm getting this error too - any update when it will be fixed? 

I just need to reset my password to access my virgin media account.

Well i think my account is really screwed up now.

All my details payments are going to secondary account holder?

Jees vm fix this