cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deadlock letter requested

Rogerskevin1982
Tuning in

Hi, 

I have requested a deadlock a few times over the last week and keep getting fobbed off. I am about to seek legal advice through my union to take my complaint further. 

I have been passed from pillar to post and have had a range of excuses and a range of customer service service agents who promise you take your details then disconnect your call when they can't resolve the matter and do not callback as advised. 

I have had a range of charges applied to my account now as a result of action not being taken correctly. 

I would like a deadlock letter to take my complaint to the ombudsman. Virgin still haven't resolved the matter they have applied credits to my account to hide their mistakes but this has not resolved my complaint. 

25 REPLIES 25

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi rogerskevin1982, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you require a deadlock letter, we will do all we can to assist further. 

I will need to take a look from our side so I am going to pop you over a private message to take a few more details. 

This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

spell
Knows their stuff

You can still proceed to the ombusman and can now include the failure to provide a deadlock letter in your grievance - good luck

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If an open complaint is unresolved after 8weeks, no deadlock letter is required.

This applies to both CISAS & Ombudsman routes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If you've already had a "resolution" letter, and rejected that, then regulations (Ofcom General Condition C4) require VM to provide a deadlock letter immediately if they don't propose to take further action to resolve the matter.  If they haven't that's a further breach of regulations.

Sadly we hear that VM are non-compliant with regulation pretty frequently.

Yeah I've had 2 resolution called them then keep being fobbed off, I've given up it's affecting my mental health now. Virgin don't care, I'm waiting for 8 weeks then raising it through ombudsman. 

Got all the evidence here. 

Sorry to hear it's dragging you down.  Mention those repeat failures to provide a deadlock letter, and how the effect on your mental health - those are important factors for the ombudsman when evaluating the case. 

Hi @Rogerskevin1982 thanks for your reply, sorry to hear this. 

I can see you're exchanging messages with Nat so if you have any further concerns, please don't hesitate to let her know.
Many thanks

Tom_W

I have stopped, I'm just going round in circles, I've had complaints raised and the resolution does not even touch on of these.

My current situation is I have been to wait and see if the cable through happens, then they can look to amend the prices showing on my account. 

I phoned up 7th January and spoke to cancellations, I've had 7 people look at the account and all promised me it was resolved, it wasn't. 

I got over charged on this month's bill as result, but the credit didn't go on my account as promised, so now I've got a default on the credit file most likely for late payment as a result of it looking like I didn't pay enough.

All I want is a deadlock letter because I didn't think it's acceptable my complaints against staff haven't been addressed and I'm being told to wait until end of February to see it can be resolved. 

I don't understand why the pull through can't be cancelled, the changes made to the account then the pull through booked back in. 

Your systems are really poor that it won't let you ammend the account when a work order is in place which was requested last year originally. 

Im fed being passed from pillar to post waiting on call backs from team leaders that never materialise. 

As a result of of the contact in January my phone contract moved over to O2 so I've been missold a phone as I took this contract in good faith thinking my service charges would be amended. They failed to so and now the 14 days has passed with O2 so I'm tied into this for 18 months. 

I've reached out for support asking for one point of contact due to my mental health but no one is taking ownership of it.  

At best the incompetent, at worst ...well I dread to think you may be selling phone contracts on behalf of O2 using underhand tactics. 

Hi @Rogerskevin1982 

Thanks for your response

I can see you haven't responded to the last private message with my colleague - they'll be happy to look further into this for you and look at sorting the letter out for you if you respond there.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs