cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dangerous driving

M26rcc
Joining in

Hi I'd like to report one of your vans for dangerous driving. He overtook me in a 20 mile an hour I was doing 20 and he flew past me. I beeped my horn and he responded buy throwing a coke plan out of the window and various other rubbish absolute disgrace

IMG_20220505_154018.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @M26rcc,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm sorry to hear of this happening to you and is far from the behaviour that we expect from any of our employees.

Please can you send me a private message with as many details about the issue as possible and where it happened, I can then get this raised with the correct team in your area to be looked into further.

Regards,

Steven_L

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I can see the forum staff have already picked this up, however...

If you have dash-camera video footage of this, it's a police matter as much as one for VM. Whether you want to pursue that avenue is upto you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

spell
Knows their stuff

In the unlikely event of the police wanting to take this on the last thing you should do is have contact with VM

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@spell wrote:

In the unlikely event of the police wanting to take this on the last thing you should do is have contact with VM

I'm not sure why the Police would be unlikely to have an interest, or why contacting VM should necessarily be a bad thing. There are scenarios where you should let "the authorities" take over (insurance claims for one), but I'm not sure this is one.

But https://nextbase.co.uk/national-dash-cam-safety-portal/ is an easy way to submit reports, if that's the route you want to take.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

spell
Knows their stuff

Yes I can just about remember when this would be allocated to a PC to look at careless driving/depositing litter. They are now absolutely strapped and cannot investigate robberies burglaries etc. Failing to investigate eould be neglect of duty - now it is termed not in the public interest - an interesting get out initially used by the CPS. You may get lucky with a keen enthusiastic PC on your Police Neighbourhood Team - if you manage that you will become a witness in a police investigation - you do not chat with the suspect organisation

Good luck

Screenshot_20220506-114519.png

Thank you for that information M26rcc. Were you able to send the private message to my colleague with the information in?

I am unable to see on our side. 

^Martin