cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged property

Rossgraham10
Joining in

I have been trying for the last year and a half to get the damage to my property repaired following on from a botched  Virgin media installation 

I was forever getting passed to every department then I went through the resolver process and still the issue has been been resolved . I do have a email from the third party that carried out the instillation admitting they caused the damaged but there refused to pass for a full repair and offered £500 . 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Rossgraham10 wrote:

I have been trying for the last year and a half to get the damage to my property repaired following on from a botched  Virgin media installation 

I was forever getting passed to every department then I went through the resolver process and still the issue has been been resolved . I do have a email from the third party that carried out the instillation admitting they caused the damaged but there refused to pass for a full repair and offered £500 . 

The CISAS adjudication process does not cover property damage

https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/complainnow/

so you would need to use small claims if you have got nowhere with VM. Would assume that your claim would be against VM as it is with them that you have a contractual relationship and it was VM who sub-contracted work to the third party. Get some advice from Citizens Advice on how best to proceed and against whom.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

crany
Superfast
you would prob need to threaten them with small claims if you have a email of them admitting fault it should be a simple case

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Rossgraham10,

Sorry to hear this has occurred, It does sounds like your complaint had already gone though complete review and resolution if you received an offer. If you are dissatisfied with the length of time or the resolution of your complaint, then we do advise taking it to 3rd party adjudication. You can read more about this, here: https://virg.in/comcop 

If you are unsure about what the outcome of your complaint is, I will send you a private message to confirm your account details and review the complaint details.

Cheers,

Corey C

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Rossgraham10 wrote:

The CISAS adjudication process does not cover property damage

https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/complainnow/

so you would need to use small claims if you have got nowhere with VM. Would assume that your claim would be against VM as it is with them that you have a contractual relationship and it was VM who sub-contracted work to the third party. Get some advice from Citizens Advice on how best to proceed and against whom.

• Please send me details. Because there has  been damage cause by virgins media that has still not been fixed !! 

Thank for your response @Rossgraham10.

Just to clarify did you receive the £500 compensation as part of the resolution to your complaint? Also how long has the complaint been closed for?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I never accepted the £500 and it been on we a year since the resolver with no replay from Virgin  media when I sent a letter to them ! 

In that case, I have sent you a private message to further look into this.

Please provide a response when you can.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I am not yet a virgin media customer.  I am looking at how I can raise an issue with Virgin as a non customer for works carried out by workmen in the last few weeks

Please advise.  I found this email address -  

but it bounced back as non deliverable

I just need to reach customer services

I have never received  a private  message !