Menu
amynpete01
Joining in
Message 81 of 166
Flag for a moderator

Damaged Steet Cabinet

The street cabinet near our house which we are connected to is damaged. I have reported this to the Virgin Damaged Street equipment number three times and nothing has been done. Both doors to the cabinet have been ripped off and are missing so the weather or anyone can walk along and start damaging the cables.

Shall I start pulling out one cable a day until Virgin actually fix this???

This is located outside 207 St Andrews Road, CR5 3HN.

0 Kudos
tj1978
Joining in
Message 82 of 166
Flag for a moderator

Damaged Open Green junction box in my street - Welwyn Garden City

Hi

Id like to report a damaged door which is causing the green junction box on my street to consistently become open and therefore risk damage to components and i imagine eventually services provided to the neighbourhood.

As a Virgin Media subscriber that pays a fairly substantial bill each month, i dont wish to have my service interrupted by potentially have all the electronics on the junction box near me open to the elements which i imagine can cause damage to the components/rusting inside and thus potentially impacting mine and other neighbours virgin media services.

Please can you provide direct contact details so i can provide details of the street location for you so that the hinges on the door and lock can be fixed.

Thanks and regards

Tim

0 Kudos
Peach2977
Joining in
Message 83 of 166
Flag for a moderator

Loud noise from road side cabinet

There is a constant loud noise coming from the Virgin cabinet box number 303A2D1. The fan or similar in the cabinet is running very loud especially at night time, which is causing us to lose sleep. Please can the the box be serviced and the fan or similar be replaced, so the noise is stoped. I called 0330 333 0444 on the 14th April and again today. Your reference is 3706968. I have not yet received a response regarding when it will be fixed.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 84 of 166
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damaged/Vandalised Virgin Street Furniture

Hello magoogy, mydsl03, SimpleSimon,

Thanks for reporting the cabinets. Just to let you know, I have passed the details on to our cabinet and plant maintenance team who will chase this up for you.

Please keep us posted on the situation. 

Many thanks, 

Dan_M
Forum Team
0 Kudos
magoogy
Tuning in
Message 85 of 166
Flag for a moderator

thank you for trying, its been passed to them about 4 times or maybe more now, lost count but been going on a couple of years now....... ive given up them ever mending it but, when the door is open and rain falls or snow my services are affected, hence, im forever going over and closing the box. I shouldnt have to do this, even when shut there is a big gap to let rain in or kids or animals to stick their hands/paws in. 

0 Kudos
harris1972
On our wavelength
Message 86 of 166
Flag for a moderator

Any chance you could get an update for me Dan?

0 Kudos
cyberdyme
Joining in
Message 87 of 166
Flag for a moderator

External cable box broken

The external cable box on our street is broken, someone drove over it; for the last week or so have no success with Virgin call center. The whole street doesn't have any access but nobody seems to be able to help

Address: Kenton Road, Kenton, Middlesex,  HA3

Google maps link:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/51%C2%B035'05.5%22N+0%C2%B018'42.2%22W/@51.5848694,-0.3126392,18z/...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 88 of 166
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loud noise from road side cabinet

Hi there Peach2977, 

Welcome to the Forums and for your first post - sorry to hear about the noisy cabinet.

I have contacted our Cabinet team with your reference number to see if we can get an update for you - if we hear anything back, we'll be sure to let you know. 

Thanks

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ross_brown
Joining in
Message 89 of 166
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damaged cabinet [18279]

What a waste of time bothering to report this (again) if you don't even get an acknowledgement.

I have now reported this issue 3 times without any response at all.  Your customer services is a complete an utter joke, I thought Virgin was supposed to pride itself in top quality customer services?

You might be out spending your money extending the network to try and get new customers, but don't turn your back on those who have been with you for many years.  Just sort this and the other cabinets on this thread out!  If I experience further internet problems I will be leaving!

magoogy
Tuning in
Message 90 of 166
Flag for a moderator

well someone came, fixed a couple of hinges to the top of the box to stop it blowing up but didnt fix the gaping hole at the bottom letting water, etc in or allowing kids or pets to get inside. Hopeless.

0 Kudos