Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 71 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cabinet damaged and open again - no response from VM

Hi FLZ001

There's been no update on this just yet and I am off next week for half term with my kids so if this is still unresolved by the 6th Nov please let me know and I can escalate this for you.

Many thanks!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
dca860
Tuning in
Message 72 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damaged/Vandalised Virgin Street Furniture

2 small green street boxes with their covers leant up against them, cables all exposed.

New Cross Road, Guildford, GU2 9NX is nearest post code I can find

Franks Road, Guildford GU2 9NT outside number 4New Cross Road, GU2 9NXNew Cross Road, GU2 9NXFranks Road, GU2 9NTFranks Road, GU2 9NT

Carlos1982
Tuning in
Message 73 of 125
Flag for a moderator

I reported last week that the cabinet in my street Glenhill Park bt11 8gb had had its side door ripped off.
This was fixed on thursday but today the door has been pulled off again.
You need to secure this cabinet properly at the minute anyone can come along and pull the door off with very little effort.
0 Kudos
GeoDave
Tuning in
Message 74 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Green box on the corner junction of Cranborne Avenue/Marion Crescent, Maidstone, ME15 has been tampered with - door swinging open and electronics accessible.

Robat31
Joining in
Message 75 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Once again, the GREY cabinet doors at the junction of Gotham Road and Steyning Road in South Yardley, Birmingham B26 1JE, grid ref 413398,284666, approx are wide open! (I have pushed them to as far as is possible)This seems to be a persisting problem at this location as the doors appear to be damaged and therefore not securely lockable. Given that there is mains voltage and my comms connections within this cab, potentially prey to anyone with inquisitive fingers, as a retired telecomms engineer, I feel it needs immediate and effective attention. This is not the first time that I have reported this cabinet and sadly I fear it won't be the last. As it was 21.50, very dark and I had no camera or mobile to hand with which to provide pictures to substantiate my message.

adamcb
Joining in
Message 76 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Graffiti on cabinets

For the past six months I have been trying to get Virgin Media to remove graffiti from their cabinets and unfortunately maintainance of their cabinets seems to be too much like hard work and are unwilling to make this process simpler and have no interest in reports of damage. I have called the automated line, used twitter and the local council have reported it to them.

Has anyone else had this issue, if so how did you manage to report the damage without being blatantly ignored.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 77 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Re: Graffiti on cabinets

staff here can raise it - i think they have had had some success but it seems a slow process - it takes them a week or so to pick threads up

Tony
0 Kudos
RaymondJSnell
Joining in
Message 78 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damaged/Vandalised Virgin Street Furniture Cabinet V 15215314 opposite 5/6 Stanton Close BR54RN

Cabinet V 15215314 opposite 5/6 Stanton Close Orpington Kent BR5 4RN. Door damaged and  internals exposed to elements. Previous Temporary fix of cable tie now broken. Any chance of the cabinet being repaired  not cable tied shut?

0 Kudos
GeoDave
Tuning in
Message 79 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Someone came to look at the damaged cabinet I reported on the forum within 24 hours - impressive. BUT it was a sub-contractor (not VM) and when I spoke to him he said that the hinges were all broken so impossible to make safe - said he would report it. How is this efficient? The cabinet remains damaged and accessible, open to the elements and vandals. Someone may/may not turn up to do a proper fix!

0 Kudos
doylewendy
Joining in
Message 80 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Noisy manhole cover

I’ve seen other manhole problems sorted using this forum can a moderator contact me to stop a manhole cover outside my house banging constantly. It is very, very annoying.