Menu
Lmiller
Joining in
Message 61 of 178
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damaged/Vandalised Virgin Street Furniture

Hello, there is a green box on Oakdale Road (SW16 2HW) which is open, and I think the closing may be broken. It says ‘ntl’ inside- I’m not sure if this would come under Virgin Media? I think there is also another one open in the area, potentially on Hopton Road?
gckd31
Joining in
Message 62 of 178
Flag for a moderator

Green box on street

Yet again, the door on the green box at 29 Cromwell Rd, Caterham, Surrey, CR3 5JE is damaged / hanging off, leaving wiring exposed. Earlier this year it took many months and many calls to get this box repaired, hopefully it won't take so long this time

Regards

gckd31

chico10
Joining in
Message 63 of 178
Flag for a moderator

Hi.   The lid on the black junction box outside the small wall of our front garden is missing and the wires are exposed.  I have telephoned several times.  I was promised it would be replaced in the next 48 hours but nothing happened.  I called again and an engineer did come but had been given the wrong information so he didn’t have the correct lid.  I have temporarily put a roof tile over the box to protect the wires

Thank you. 

FBA1
Tuning in
Message 64 of 178
Flag for a moderator

For a second time in a couple of months our street cabinet door has come open and it is evident that the upper locking arm has come detached.  Please could this be repaired.  The cabinet No. is: SA051D11

RayWoods
On our wavelength
Message 65 of 178
Flag for a moderator

Whilst walking my dog we came across a green equipment cabinet with its doors swinging open. Its number is RO247 and it's located in Mapleleafe Gardens, close to the junction with Greenleafe Drive, Barkingside.

This is a very common occurance and has an impact upon public safety and customer data security. I note, unlike the BT Cabinets which use a yale lock, Virgin Media in this area have simple common keys which are very easy to open.

It is about time the security of these cabinets were upgraded to the same standard as BT.

Linux Mint User
rd8894
Settling in
Message 66 of 178
Flag for a moderator

unseated VM cabinet

cabinet to corner of lime close, barkby road, LE7 2AH is unseated

0 Kudos
Nismo
Tuning in
Message 67 of 178
Flag for a moderator

Farndon Way, NG19 6SS Mansfield.

Round the corner from number 33.

Cabinet door hanging off.
Pedro45
Joining in
Message 68 of 178
Flag for a moderator

Broken cabinet

Hi Josh. I'm biting my tongue here to be polite but here goes .We have had a faulty cabinet at the side of our house for almost 4 years. YES, 4 years !  Reported it numerous times by phone . Last two times this year , report numbers 24609767  in April 20017 and today (Dec 31st 2017) report number 33253011 .We politely ask the engineers every time we hear them at the cabinet to please get it sorted and they nod and say yes, then off they go leaving the doors open to the elements unfixed and more often than not lying on the ground leaving all wiring open to potential vandalism.  Seems kind of ridiculous engineers happily connecting new customers via this box but then toddling off leaving the connections in danger of being ripped out. Sick sore and tired of wedging the doors back in with wooden wedges. We've been doing this at least twice a week for four years now and should be on Virgin maintenance pay roll. We are pensioners, Virgin customers and frankly seriously considering moving to Sky because sure as heck we are going to be left without connections for another week at some point(has happened before) because of this issue. Tried enclosing pictures but this site is a mess .

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 69 of 178
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broken cabinet

Hi @Pedro45

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that VM hasn't bothered about this, @ModTeam is this something you can pass on to get looked at?

Happy new year!

2000.png
Sr23
Settling in
Message 70 of 178
Flag for a moderator

Green street cabinet in Addlestone, Simplemarsh Road, KT15 1QE open for a few weeks and getting damaged.