Menu
Squashman991
Tuning in
Message 21 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damaged/Vandalised Virgin Street Furniture

This forum is useless. I have now twice reported a problem with my local Virgin street box. The only action from the forum team has been to edit out some details from my reports that they regard as private, but which I do not. I have had no acknowledgements or action from Virgin media, only some fatuous system automated "awards" for taking part in the forum. Looking through all the other posts that I can see, it appears that my frustrations are widely shared. It is an absolute disgrace that street boxes in the condition illustrated by some of the photos posted are allowed to continue in that state for such a long time, blighting the local neighbourhoods in which we live. You clearly do not care, Virgin, and your reputation suffers accordingly. I wonder what Richard Branson would think, if he knew?  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 22 of 37
Flag for a moderator

. I wonder what Richard Branson would think,

Why would he care. He has nothing to do with Vm. its owned by a American company

0 Kudos
Squashman991
Tuning in
Message 23 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Fair point! But the rest of my post stands, I think.
0 Kudos
DaveC72
Tuning in
Message 24 of 37
Flag for a moderator

As per my original post on 16-08-2018 RE - Outside 16 Mills Spur SL4 2ND - the last engineers didn't refit the lid to the box on a public verge because a bush has grown around it - this leaves the electronics exposed to rain...........

9 months after it was first reported to the local authority the bush has now been trimmed back but the cover is still off leaving the electronics even more exposed to the elements as there is no top, front, back or sides to this equipment. 

I'll probably get another snotty reply about it not being Virgins fault that their engineers left the cover off in the first place and doing nothing about it..............................ITS YOUR EQUIPMENT SO WHO'S RESPONSIBILITY IS IT TO REPLACE THE COVERS OR REPORT IT IF YOU CAN'T? 

0 Kudos
Mrzippy
Joining in
Message 25 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Open green junction box

On the corner of capstone place and holdenhurst road BH8 8RW, next to the Shell petrol station you have junction box 05431102. It has been open for weeks. I have reported it to openreach but no one has taken any notice.

suggest you appoint an engineer ASAP before a metal thief cleans it out or the rain disrupts the unit 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 26 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Re: Open green junction box

Open reach and virgin do not share hardware. they are 2 different networks. You need to check who the box belongs to and report it to the right place

0 Kudos
Mrzippy
Joining in
Message 27 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Yes. This entirely virgin kit. The key and lock identify the box and guess what...IT SAYS VIRGIN ALL THROUGH THE INSIDE IF THE BOX WITH A NICE BIG RED LABEL THREATENING OFFENDERS WITH PUNISHMENT.

DO YOU REALLY CARE?

Personally I don’t as I have nothing to do with virgin except my civic duty.

Get moving!
DaveC72
Tuning in
Message 28 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Sounds about right, the last visit from Virgin engineers in our road they left the lid off our box as there is a bush growing around it. You'd have thought they'd report it right? WRONG! I got a reply saying I needed to report it as its not their responsibility..................... It's their equipment, their engineers, I pay them for a service and it's therefore my responsibility to report it?
0 Kudos
Frazzled_Smurf
Joining in
Message 29 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Road Cabinet open

Hi, I would like to report two roadside cabinets on my estate that have the doors open and/or removed.

This is not the first time this has happened, the doors and locks are very flimsy.

It is on Meadow Way, Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire. one cabinet is situated on the lower part of Meadow Way, the other is situated on the upper part in a cul-de-sac.

Could someone have a look please.

Thank you.

Virgin cabinet 20180928_181138 s.jpgTop of Meadow WayVirgin cabinet 20180928_184945 s.jpgBottom of Meadow Way

0 Kudos
IKbrunel
Dialled in
Message 30 of 37
Flag for a moderator

I reported this several weeks ago, up to now NO progress.

Jnc of Eastmoor Rd. and Ayresome Ave.  LS8

https://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=53.842348&mlon=-1.515038&zoom=15#map=16/53.8423/-1.5150

LAD 310.jpg

LAD 310-2.jpg

Inspection pit has collapsed, making it impossible for wheelchair and pram users to pass without having to use the road. 

0 Kudos