Menu
lin69blue
Settling in
Message 21 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Damaged/Vandalised Virgin Street Furniture

Cabinet number m08201 13107115 Weathered ave. ts5 4jh.

Lilley31463
Joining in
Message 22 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Damaged/Vandalised Virgin Street Furniture

There is a junction box/unit that looks like cable tv but could be internet at junction of Shannon Road and Ridgemount Drive Hawkesley, Birmingham. The unit is insecure and open to the elements. Concerned over the safety for passers by and if it rains.

Another unit down on Shannon Road is also insecure.

This has come from PCSO LILLEY 31463 from West Midlands Police.

Please can you address this issue.

Roger_Gooner
Knows their stuff
Message 23 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damaged/Vandalised Virgin Street Furniture

Patching Way, UB4. Partly open.

20180416_183926._small.jpg

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
fuff12000
On our wavelength
Message 24 of 77
Flag for a moderator

I have a similar cabinet outside my bungalow which got pushed over by vandels. I get the impression that Virgin does not give a dam about its cabinets. I reported mine three weeks ago. So they sent a house engineer out to it and he could do nothing. I've had enough of them. As soon as my contract is up, I'm off to Sky. 

Regards

Frank

MickyT
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Virgin green box on the street

About 6pm this evening I noticed the green box at the bottom of the street had been opened and the doors left wide open exposing the insides to the weather and any local kids that care to mess. I asked my wife to email you to report it as I was out. It is now 10:20pm and my wife tells me that she has spent quite some time on your website and cannot appear to get anywhere trying to report it. I too have tried, but I cannot send a simple email to inform you of this issue. I give up. I hope someone else has managed to do this before kids start messing and we are start reporting internet and TV failures.

Have you not heard about keep it simple...

harris1972
Tuning in
Message 26 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fix a street box in area 21

Any responses?

fuff12000
On our wavelength
Message 27 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin green box on the street

Same problem with me. A cabinet kicked over, wires exposed and yet you cannot contact virgin via email. They have to be the worst company ever.
GSG
Joining in
Message 28 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Southam Rd Birmingham B28 0AQ - Doors wide open - Insecure

Doors have been open for about 1 year in Birmingham, Southall Road, B28 0AQ.  Eventually I reported this to Virgin, but the doors are still wide open to the elements and ( more worryingly ) people.

During the period these doors have been unlocked, my cable was removed from its socket and another switched into its place!  I don't know whether this was an act of vandalism, fraud or a simple error by another engineer. 

When I reported my loss of service to virgin, an engineer came out, found my cable on the floor in the box and switched it back.  I then had to monitor my bill to check if any calls had been made whilst it had been connected to the "other" cable.

I have reported this issue ( doors open and insecure ) to Virgin, but can't see any call reference or ticket number anywhere.  How do I check on it's progress ( if any )?

Nicola-P
Joining in
Message 29 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broken street cabinet

To update this post the broken cabinet in question is located in Barrians Way, Barry, Vale of Glamorgan, CF62 8JG.

hallamp
Tuning in
Message 30 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Street Cabinet

4 months ago I logged a request to have the door fixed on a Virgin Media cabinet at the end of my road as it was hanging off. I used the automated number and mentioned the cabinet number so there was no confusion but it wasn't fixed. I then logged another request 2 months ago for the same cabinet using the automated service and it still hasn't been fixed.

Is there anybody else I can contact regarding this matter as I have lost faith in the automated service?