Menu
kenat79
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Street Cabinet Door Left Open

Not sure if this is the correct group but there is a cabinet open in Hamsey Green Gdns CR6 ref is 65314 306

0 Kudos
metrofour
Joining in
Message 12 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Street cabinet open for three months

New customer to Virgin, have to say pretty poor customer service experience so far, reported cabinet as being open a month ago (it’s been open three months in total) phoned twice, spoke to someone then used the hotline number twice. If my internet goes down because someone rips the wires out I have to go into the office. Hope I get some joy here. Thanks.

Box is at corner of GARFIELD RD/CROSS RD, CHINGFORD E4

tyredbuyer
Joining in
Message 13 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damaged/Vandalised Virgin Street Furniture

Hi,

Earlier today I reported that my VM phone line was not working, ie no ringtone. I have raised a visit request by one of the VM engineers.  However, just returning home tonight I noticed that a local green street furniture cabinet has had the front cover removed (kicked off) and all of the wires are on display.  This cabinet is at the east end of Stainsby Drive, Mansfield (NG18 3EX).  Having looked at other forum pages not sure what other method to get this reported?

0 Kudos
Paulus2804
Tuning in
Message 14 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Noticed a VM engineer at a local street cabinet, the following day noticed it had been left open - not damaged.  Spent may a happy hour tracking a phone number, waiting and speaking to an agent to report the cabinet, feeling warm an fuzzy I'd done something good.  Three weeks later and it is still open to the elements, so if VM doesn't care then have to say I wouldn't waste my time again. 

0 Kudos
fuff12000
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Virgin are notorious for being uncontactable regards damaged cabinets. I'm a Virgin customer, soon not to be. I rang them and spoke to some idiots in some god forsaken country, to report a cabinet that had been pushed over. I could not get them to understand that my Virgin TiVo box was ok, my broadband was ok and my phone was ok,  but it was a cabinet outside my home that wasn't. Three quarters of an hour later, i was still on the phone. Eventually, I got on here and it was picked up by Virgin. However, the cabinet is still in it sorry rusty state. They should put a contact address on their website for damaged cabinets.

Frank

0 Kudos
kingkerouac
Dialled in
Message 16 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media will ignore your request for attention on your broken cabinets four up to 5 weeks.

I read somewhere that they were bought out by a group of American vulture capitalists.

They'll run it down and then try and sell it for a profit. They apparently regard customers as a low priority.

I've cancelled their TV services as a protest - saving £50 a month - but I presume it won't make a difference as the company has ceased caring about it's own customers.

0 Kudos
Bengt6
Joining in
Message 17 of 69
Flag for a moderator

IMAG0317_1.jpg

IMAG0315_1.jpg

IMAG0314_1.jpg

IMAG0312_1.jpg

IMAG0310_1.jpg

The street cabinet on the corner of Craven Rd and Sutherland Rd, Brighton BN2, is damaged and stands open.

The number T10505201 is stenciled on the cabinet, if that helps.

It seems like it has been hit by something heavy. A lawnmower ? See the enclosed photos.

0 Kudos
Jamesoffofleeds
Joining in
Message 18 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Woodlea Approach, Meanwood, Leeds

Graffiti on telecoms cabinet. Assuming it’s a Virgin Media box. 

0 Kudos
harris1972
Tuning in
Message 19 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Fix a street box in area 21

Hi-hope you can help. Over the last 12 months I have reported a damaged street box via the automated system at least 3 times. The box must have been hit by traffic-it is buckled & hanging open & has been for a year now. It is located in SE3 on Birdbrook Road just by the A2 bridge. Openreach when contacted seemed adamant that it was a Virgin box. Please could you help to get it fixed as it is open to the elements. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Magic66
Dialled in
Message 20 of 69
Flag for a moderator

Damaged Street Cabinet

Street Cabinet ID:  LSF7047

Please see attached pictures of one of your Street Cabinets which is consistently left open by your Engineers, due to the fact that their is damage to the locking mechanism.

On many occasions, internal wiring and connectors have been left hanging out the sides exposed to the elements along with possibility of further vandalism to the unit that supplies a large number of homes.

Can you please look into this issue and provide further feedback - thank you.

Picture 01.JPGPicture 02.JPGPicture 03.JPGMagic66

0 Kudos