Menu
Message 1 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Damaged/Vandalised Virgin Street Furniture

We're aware that from time to time our street furniture may become damaged or vandalised. Street furniture includes things like our Green cabinets and even manhole covers.

To help you report these issues to us simply pop a post below and we'll get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Kind regards

IKbrunel
Dialled in
Message 2 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damaged/Vandalised Virgin Street Furniture

MESSAGE 163 and all my other messages, contain the info. you require. photo, location description, usually a map reference, cabinet No.etc.

You DO NOT REQUIRE my tel no. or any further details to effect a repair.

0 Kudos
Pdeighton82
Joining in
Message 3 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Green boxes

I have 3 virgin media green boxes outside my house that look an absolute state, the paint is flaming off and one of them base graffiti on it. Who do I need to contact to get them sorted? We had an engineer here a few month ago who said he had logged it but we haven’t heard anything since.

0 Kudos
FLZ001
Tuning in
Message 4 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damaged/Vandalised Virgin Street Furniture, How to get cabinets repaired!

After 15 months, failed phone calls to VM, and having posts ignored on this forum, the green cabinet on my road has been repaired with new doors!

This is NO THANKS to the ineffectual staff on this forum (who are basically carrying out company policy).

Having contacted my local city councillors, they applied pressure on VM (along with the local MP) and it has been repaired within 3 weeks.

I'd like to thank both graemeross and IKbrunel for advising to contact the council.

What I have learnt is that VM will only effect repairs when embarrassed by other bodies and urge anyone needing repairs to contact other officials who VM will actually respond to. As individuals we are not important to warrant action by VM.

stephen927
Joining in
Message 5 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hello, 

How can I get you to install a "lip" on top of a street cabinet to stop kids sitting on them/causing damage to the cabinet in the process.

Kind Regards,

Stephen

0 Kudos
harris1972
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 37
Flag for a moderator

See archives for OP area 21 damaged street box April 2018

UPDATE

So 6 months on an engineer finally attended & tested the cabinet.Then left.No obvious repair & after a week no signs of the cabinet being replaced-orange barriers still up.

0 Kudos
harris1972
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damaged/Vandalised Virgin Street Furniture A further suggestion

Another poster suggested making it easier to report damaged boxes by using a map system.This seems to be a fantastic idea. If such a system was in place then if a problem is not fixed it would be much easier for your company not to forget reported damage when they go into the archive files.

JeffE
Joining in
Message 8 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Cabinet H1340991 is open yet again. It is on the corner of Glenfield Road and Westfield Road in Leicester LE3. I know that my telephone and broadband pass through this cabinet, so the sooner you can repair it the better, And this time, PLEASE fit stronger locks.

Jeff Edwards
0 Kudos
Squashman991
Tuning in
Message 9 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Your the doors on your street box opposite number 1, Fordington Road, London N6 4TD is open. It has previously been simply taped shut, and the tapes have broken (or been cut by someone). This is not an acceptable repair - could you fix the problem properly asap please. John 

[MOD EDIT: For your security personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

KDonaghy
Joining in
Message 10 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hello.

Some lovely soul has ripped off the doors to the box outside 49 Hiley Road, Eccles, M307PY