Menu
paulwb
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Damaged Junction Box

The junction  box outside my flat on the pavement has had the door broken for three months I have complained about it to Virgin repairs especially someone called Shannon O'Shea and I have even sent her photos of the damaged box but she has done nothing after assuring me it would be dealt with. The wires were pulled out two months ago which resulted in no broadband and TV for a week of which I was compensated £3.65 WHICH WAS LAUGHABLE.I just need the door of the box repaired why is it so difficult and the contact number for Virgin repairs is playing up. How hard is it to do one simple repair

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damaged Junction Box

Hi paulwb, 

Thanks for your post 🙂

Any issues to do with our street equipment, furniture or manholes should be reported here: Damaged/Vandalised Virgin Street Furniture

Our Mods Team pick these up and then will Kudos your post once they've reported this to the relevant team 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
paulwb
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I believe there are live wires running through Virgin's junction boxes, I stated this and all they have done is put a plastic barrier around the junction which still has the door broken, so if any one puts their hand in there they will get an electric shock, how can Virgin allow this on the grounds of health and safety and a risk to the public. I will be sending photos and an e-mail to Harrow council to see what they can do as this is a joke

0 Kudos
Browny1000
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

What a load of crap. Clicking that link takes you to a page that says "you have no authority to access this page!" 

A car has hit a junction box near me, we've all got intermittent service and still no-one from VM gives a monkeys. Bare, live wires just hanging there. No one cares. 

0 Kudos
paulwb
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Get use to it, it took forever to get the junction box repaired, ring up customer services and ask how you will be compensated, try looking around for better providers, Virgin aren't the only providers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Browny1000,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear this. 

If you can provide us with the full street address for the box, the location of the box on the street & possibly a picture we can report this.

^Martin

0 Kudos
groovedude1
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Virgin Media Team,

I've just spotted the junction box at the bottom of my road is missing the complete front pannel now and all wires exposed!

Postcode: PO9 3DF - Redbridge Grove / Milfield Close

Are you able to help?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello there groovedude1

Thank you for visiting our forum pages and for taking the time to post.

We're sorry to hear that the equipment is in this state and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know.

So that we can raise this with the appropriate team we just need to clarify the location if that's OK?

Is it at bottom of Redbridge Grove at the junction of Milfield Close?

Many thanks. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
groovedude1
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Virgin Media Team

Thanks for the reply! 🙂

I've marked where it is on a google map does this help?

Picture: https://i.imgur.com/L6bot8B.png

Sorry i tried to attach but wasn't working.

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Any information is much appreciated.

We'll forward all of this to our equipment management team.

Thanks again. We really appreciate you letting us know. 

If we can help with anything else in the future please post on our forum pages again. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help