cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged Cabinet

JA_Clayton
Joining in

I want to report a damaged cabinet. I have reported it in the past and it was closed back up, but has been broken into again. I believe that people who live in the vacinity are somehow tampering with the wiring to get free broadband (or whatever service is provided by the cabinet). This is located on Bentley Street, Chadderton, Oldham Lancashire. I don't know if this box belongs to Virgin or BT but needs to be secured so that people can't break in to it in the futureopen cabinetopen cabinet

93 REPLIES 93

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. I see the cabinet has been replaced in our garden.  We are building a fence to replace the hedge which was orginally hiding the cabinet.  This will mean that your engineers will be unable to access the door due to the position of the fence.  Please advise what you would like to do.

Thanks

Jason

Hi Mr_JK,

Thank you for keeping us posted on this. 

Can you confirm how far the cabinet is in your garden from the road? 

Can you also provide a picture showing this distance?

^Martin

Hi Martin,

I am unable to get a photo today but these are where the box is located, the new box has replaced in the same place. As you can see it is within the curb boundary of our garden, not on the tarmac of the pavement.  Another internet provider has a cabinet shown in the second photo which is out of our boundary.  We are fitting a fence to our boundary, so you will no longer have access to the cabinet whilst it is in our garden.

Thanks for your help with this.

PXL_20210903_190044219 (2).jpg

PXL_20210903_190049263 (2).jpg

Thank you for that information. Okay, to get this reported to the relevant team I do wish to confirm some information. 

To ensure this isn't posted for all to see I will private message you to get this information. 

^Martin