cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged Cabinet

JA_Clayton
Joining in

I want to report a damaged cabinet. I have reported it in the past and it was closed back up, but has been broken into again. I believe that people who live in the vacinity are somehow tampering with the wiring to get free broadband (or whatever service is provided by the cabinet). This is located on Bentley Street, Chadderton, Oldham Lancashire. I don't know if this box belongs to Virgin or BT but needs to be secured so that people can't break in to it in the futureopen cabinetopen cabinet

93 REPLIES 93

Nell2
Settling in

Not a Virgin customer which means calling is difficult because the automation wants my number. 

Spotted cabinet 551 on Whittingham Drive, Stafford, ST17 - has all doors open and kids were messing around with it. Warned kids they could end up dead ... told them to move on and they did.

I've already called BT (because I thought it was their cabinet). They've been out and told me to contact Virgin. 

Please sort it out asap.

Lindsey_C
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Nell2,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our forums page.

Very sorry to hear you have had trouble getting this reported to us. I have passed this on to the right team for you and we will get someone out to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Hi bobbyk678

Apologies you haven't had an update for this, I have now escalated this for you and one of the team will be out to sort this as soon as possible.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

Still nothing done about this one month on?!

How can we fix it?

Windsor road,Palmers Green.

Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi bobbyk678,

As Lindsey_C has escalated this for you the team will send someone out to sort it as soon as they are able to.

Thanks,

Tom_S

bobbyk678
On our wavelength

Hello , Any update on this in Windsor Road six weeks on?

Hi bobbyk678,

Very sorry to see this issue is on going, I've forwarded this information on the appropriate team and will seek an update on this.

Hopefully I can get this to you today and will issue you this via a PM so please look out for a notification via the purple envelope in the top right hand corner of the screen

David_Bn

Hello,

For over two months I have reported this weekly yet nothing has been done.

Last week I saw a virgin engineer in the street. I stopped him and he helped me put the cabinet door on. Within two days it had fallen of again. This cabinet is badly broken and someone may or may not be breaking into it regularly. Either way the door is now flat across the pavement blocking it.

I’ve tried this forum but nothing is working, I don’t want a kid to have the door fall on them or kids playing with the wires. How can I escalate this to find a solution. We have reached a stage bringing no response so can we escalate this to management?

Once again,it’s on Windsor Road at the junction with Green Lanes N135PP

Hi bobbyk678, 

So sorry you're still chasing this, I can appreciate your frustrations.

I've contacted the team again, and will let you know once I hear back from them.

Once again very sorry for the delay in sorting.

Kind regards, 

Alex_Rm

bobbyk678
On our wavelength

And STILL nothing. Can you send me a complaint email ? 

David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Morning bobbyk678

We appreciate that the delay in resolving this is frustrating and we do apologise.

I am in contact with our dedicated team who resolve issues such as this and am waiting for an update from them.

For any disappointment with the service received you can submit a complaint to us online by following the links on our contact page by clicking here

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help