cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEF01 error when trying to create account

musehead
Joining in

As per other posters, I am also repeatedly getting a DEF01 error when trying to create an account.

I have already tried using different browsers, clearing cache and cookies, and using different devices.

Please help.

8 REPLIES 8

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @musehead,

Cheers for your post, and welcome to our Community Forums - we're here to help 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble registering with us. Can I confirm which link you are using to register with us? Sometimes this issue can occur if you have been a customer with us in the past and have cancelled but since re-joined - is this the case for yourself?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hello,

I'm trying to register using this link:

Register My Virgin Media Account | Virgin Media

I do not think I've ever been a customer of Virgin Media before.

Thank you for confirming. 

Can you try and register via this link for us, and let us know if you get the same error message? 

Thank you

Hi,

I am receiving the exact same problem, DEF01 - tried various browsers, cleared cashe etc.. I need support to set my account up please. 

Thanks

Hello, yes I get the same error message via that link (DEF01)

Thank you for checking. I will pop you @musehead a PM now so we can take a closer look into this.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

@martynh89 have you also been able to try the link in my previous post? 

Thank you. 

Hi Ashleigh,

I've tried every link possible, while scrolling through the 10s of posts about the same issue.

Thanks

Thank you @martynh89 I think this fault actually may have been rectified in the past half hour as I have seen customers now able to register. 

Can you try one last time for me and if not let me know.

Thank you.